Chapter 13: Fix you

• Dedicated to Um....all the people who waited forever for this!

----------Forgive me for I have sinned I am so sorry this took so long----------

Throbbing. Why does it feel like my entire body has a heartbeat? And what is that damned bright light? I tried to open my eyes, and immediately shut them again in pain. Even my eyeballs hurt?!
What the hell happened? Where am I? More importantly, and terrifyingly...why can't I remember anything?

     In a panic, I tried desperately to open my eyes again, this time fighting through the pain. White, bright lights made me want shut them again, but I didn't. Instead, I blinked rapidly, looking down at myself, away from the blinding luminescence above me.

     What I saw confused me even more. Tubes, bandages, and bruises decorated what was visible of my body. Hospital, my mind instantly registered. I'm in the hospital, and I don't know why. If I'm this battered and bruised, so much so that I can't even remember who i am, maybe I don't want to know.
     I heard a shuffling noise to my left, causing me to look up. Sitting next to me was the god of all attractive males-i mean a boy about my age-with his head resting on the bed next to my left leg. His hand, however, was on my thigh, which made me blush for some reason.

     The more I looked at him, the more familiar he seemed. I must know him, or he wouldn't be here, right? I tilted my head slightly, studying him. Ow, okay, bad idea. Wincing, I put a hand to my aching cranium only to discover more bandages. 

     I grit my teeth, opening my eyes again. When I tried to remember who he was to me, my head started to throb violently. This is not good. 

I ignored the ache this time and fought to recall anything about him, at the very least a name. Come on, you can do this, think think think! The pain was almost overbearing, and black spots danced in my vision. Just before unconsciousness claimed me once more, a single, glorious name came to the forefront of my mind. 

"G...Gage..." Was all I was able to mutter out before slipping into a deep sleep. 

*****

When I awoke again, there were quite a few more people in the room, and my head didn't hurt so badly. The guy who was sleeping next to me was now awake as well, his hand clutching mine. My face turned red with a blush, as his name came to me without difficulty this time.

"G-Gage?" I whispered, and his head turned to me so fast I thought it would snap off and roll onto the floor. His face brightened like the sun rising in the winter, and his smile was like nothing i'd ever seen before. 

"Levi!" So that's my name-oh my god he's hugging me! It was gentle, but warm and comforting. Like drinking hot tea in freezing weather, or smelling cinnamon on Christmas morning. I felt so safe, and for some reason I got the feeling I hadn't been safe for a while. 

So, even though I couldn't more than his and my own name, I hugged back. I breathed in deeply, his scent filling me with a feeling I couldn't place yet. I hope, whoever he was to me, that he hugs me like this frequently. 

"I'm so sorry, Levi. God, i'm sorry." His voice cracked with emotion now, his arms tightening slightly around me. The emotion and pain in his voice brought tears to my eyes, and I didn't know why. I disliked hearing pain in his tone intensely. 

"W-Why are you sorry?" I asked hoarsely, honestly wanting to know. What had happened to me? Why is this perfect, gorgeous person crying on my shoulder, apologizing? 

"I-I couldn't protect you, it's my job to protect you, and I failed. I'll never forgive myself for what you went through, Levi. Not ever." He pulled back from the embrace, cradling my face gently in his warm hands, tears in his eyes as his gaze smoldered into mine. 

Oh geez. Oh lord. Imma faint if he doesn't stop that. 

I sniffled, looking away before I spontaneously combusted. "Gage, I...I don't really know how to tell you this." Confusion, and then panic flitted across his features as I said this.