Chapter 2: Peace and blessins

I ran faster, looking back over my shoulder as Wiggins laughed maniacally. I faced forward again only to fall backwards as I ran into Madeline, in a bloody orange jumpsuit. I gasped, scooting backwards in terror. She smiled wickedly, running a finger along one of the blood stains.

"That's your daddy's blood, Levi. Doesn't it look...delicious?" I scrambled to my feet, spinning around and turning to run when my eyes grew wide. Wiggins stood before me, an axe in his hands. I looked up in horror, for some reason not being able to move as he raised the tool for my death above his head. He laughed, and I shut my eyes tight as I felt the air whoosh at the speed he was bringing the axe upon my head when-

"Levi!" I jolted awake, panting and sweaty. I looked over at Gage, eyes wide with fear left over from my nightmare. His eyes were clouded with worry, his hand on my cheek. I sigh and shut my eyes as his thumb traced the bags underneath them.

"Do you wanna tell me what it was about?" He whispered, stroking my hair gently. I sniffed, rubbing my eye.

"No, it's ridiculous and impossible. I know it would never happen, i'll get over it." I glanced up at him, giving him a small smile. He smile back slightly, but I could tell he was seeing right through me. He always can.

"We're here!" I blinked, tearing my eyes away from Gage to see a huge house, with more windows than a Bill Gates convention. They all had blue shutters in contrast to the stark white paint, making it look oddly Barbie mansion like. I heard Chloe yawn to my right, waking from her nap.

"Is Joy here?" She said sleepily.

"I don't know honey, we only just parked." Gage's dad replied.

"Who's Joy?" I asked, turning to Gage.

"Our cousin, she's the same age as Chloe, so they're real close. I have another cousin, his name is Peace. He's a year younger than us." I nodded, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Wait...Joy and Peace? Are your aunt and uncle hippies or something?" He laughed, opening the door.

"Something like that, yeah." I exited the car after him, glancing around me in paranoia. I knew Wiggins wouldn't be here, but I couldn't shake the feeling my nightmare gave me.

Gage took my hand and we followed his parents and Chloe up to the front door. When they rang the doorbell, I clutched my ears and looked around me frantically. Gage laughed, pulling me to his side.

"I probably should have warned you about the obnoxiously loud doorbell." I scowled. rubbing my ear and facing forward as the door opened.

A couple who indeed looked like a couple of hippies stood before us, big smiles on their faces. The woman had long honey blond hair, and a very pretty face with comforting brown eyes. I flinched as she reminded of my mother. She had flowers in her hair, and wore a long white dress that reached her ankles. I shivered and looked at the man.

He was quite a bit taller than her, and he also had flowers in his jet black hair. He wore a poofy white shirt that made him look like a hippie pirate, along with a pair of khaki shorts which did nothing for his skinny hairy legs. Needless to say he reminded me nothing of my father.

"Zacky! Come here, give me some love!" He grabbed Gage's dad by the arm and yanked him into a bear hug, making Gage and I snicker.

"Jack! It's good to see you brother." Jack Zachary...I should have known.

"You too! It's been too long. Oh, man. Is that Gagey? Wow!" I snorted. Gagey? He glared at me for a second before he was yanked into a bear hug as well. I looked over to see the woman hugging Chloe and Jenny, talking and giggling. After they all caught up, they introduced me to them.