Chapter 8: Pillars of salt

--------This story is actually flowing better than I though it would! Hum hallelujah----------

I don't know how long it was before a door opened to my right. A faint glow of light shined around a hulking figure in the doorway. I scooted as far away from that figure as I could, now being able to slightly see a wall. I forced myself over to it and leaned against it, looking up as he moved closer, Wiggins' face coming slowly into focus as he came to stand in front of me. 

I breathed heavily, expecting a blow or an insult or something, but he simply smirked and turned around, walking towards a pillar that stood in the middle of what was in fact a garage like i'd thought.

He rested his back against and crossed his scarily large arms, looking down at me. It looked like he was trying to keep his face blank, but I could see flashes of anger and resentment dance across his features in the dim light provided from the still open doorway.

I decided against speaking, wanting to keep my tongue for the time being. So, we just stared at each other, me waiting for him to make the first move. Finally after what seemed like ages, he turned his head, cracking his neck with his fist in a way that made me want to piss myself and clearing his throat.

"Smart move, deciding not to speak. Go ahead now, you've got my permission." His voice was calm, and gruff, like he was winded from too much physical activity. I eyed him suspiciously before  scooting further into the corner and speaking. 

"Where are we?" Was the first thing I asked. I didn't honestly expect an answer, but what do you know! He's full of surprises tonight. Or today. Whichever.

"In the suburbs, of course," because it was so obvious? "Who suspects a madman to bring his victim to a white fenced, manicured lawn community? Of course they'll be looking in warehouses, suspicious looking places. They might even look in sewers and channels for your bloated, lifeless body." I flinched, glaring. 

"At least you know you're a madman." I said, and his smile disappeared frighteningly quickly. He stalked towards me, leaning forwards with his hands on his knees as I leaned as far away from him as the wall would allow. His eyes were cold and merciless as he stared down at me. 

"You have no idea just how mad I am, boy. Do you think anyone would be sane after a worthless little faggot ruined his life like you ruined mine?" He spat, and I shuddered. My stomach coiled in terror, and I covered my face with my trembling hands.

He laughed humorless laugh, grabbing my wrist and making me yelp with how tight he gripped it as he glared at me, his teeth bared in anger. He looked almost rabid.

"I lost everything I built for myself because of you!" Suddenly he backhanded me across the face, sending me toppling over onto the floor. Luckily it wasn't much of a fall since I had already been sitting. I cupped my smarting cheek with my bound hands, keeping my eyes trained on his face as he continued to stare down at me nastily. 

"Now you are going to pay the price." I breathed heavily, a wave of anger coming over me. 

"What I've done?! I haven't done anything to you! You took away what was left of my family, and for what? Because i'm gay? Why? Just tell me, why did you feel the need to crush me so mercilessly!?" I screamed at him, desperate, angry tears flowing down my face. 

His expression grew stony as he stood to his full height, the look in his eyes cold, emotionless. "I can't stand the type of person you are. The kind of lifestyle you choose to lead. It's disgusting, and all of you should be prosecuted!" He snapped. I grit my teeth, clenching my fists. 

"This isn't the eighteenth century, you prick! We don't prosecute people anymore, get your head out of your ass!" I shouted, my fury getting the best of me. He reached forward and grabbed the front of my shirt, bringing my face close to his.