Love # 69: Preppin' up

[STACIE JAIDE YOUNG'S POV]

"Baby, feeling alright?" Mark asked the moment he sat beside me in the couch and held my hand.

I looked at him and smiled, I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, "I'm just a bit tired." I told him and I felt him nod his head.

"Then rest for a while, you've been busy in the office, I told you we can take care of the preparations." He told me.

"I want to be a part of it, it's our wedding after all." I raised my head and looked at him, giving him a light smile.

"But look how beat you are." He said, eyes full of worry.

I shook my head, "I'm fine, and besides, you're there." I smiled at him and he sighed.

"Why can't I even resist you?" He leaned his forehead against mine and closed his eyes.

"It's because you love me." I gave him a soft laugh and he did the same.

"Definitely because of that." He agreed and then he kissed my forehead.

For the past months, we've been busy preparing for our wedding, but aside from that, we're also busy from our own careers. Kaliwa't kanan ang mga endorsements, live performance, at mga events ng grupo nina Mark, habang ako naman ay mas lalong naging busy sa office dahil sa promotion ko.

Kaya naman sa oras na magkita kaming dalawa ni Mark, ito lang ang inaatupag namin dalawa. Gusto sana nina mommy na maghire na lang kami ng wedding planner, pero sabi namin ay gusto namin na kami mismo ang mag-aasikaso ng wedding namin, dahil gustong gusto ko talaga na matupad ang dream wedding ko.

"Did you have dinner already?" Tanong nito sa akin and I shook my head, "Should we have dinner now?" I nodded.

He stood up and held out his hand that I gladly took. Sabay kaming lumabas ng office ko at binati naman kami nung secretary ko, "Ingat po kayo." She spoke to us as we waved goodbye to her.

"Ikaw din. Mag-off ka na pag-katapos mo d'yan." I told her, and she smiled at me before giving me a nod.

He drove off to a restaurant that was just around the area para malapit lamang ito at madali kami na maka-uwi.

"How about you, do you feel okay?" I asked him as soon as we settled down in our seats, and the waiter has taken our orders.

"You know you're my only strength." He whispered, taking my hand and kissing it's back.

I gave him a smile and tilted my head, "So what did he say?"

A smile formed in his lips, his eyes fluttering up to meet mine, "He said okay."

I tried to bit my inner cheek to stop myself from smiling, but it was no use. "She also said yes." I told him.

Soon our table was filled with laughter, both of us knew what the other was thinking.

"Will this be the start of our operation?" I asked him.

He took a sip from his glass of water, and looked up as if he's thinking hard, "Maybe." He said with a smile.

I shook my head in amusement; I can't wait to see her face.

The next day, Mark and I were both free from our respective works. It was because the date of our marriage is slowly approaching, and a lot of people knew about it.

Today's agendas were cake testing, and wine testing. So we drove off to the shop that is going to provide us with the cakes and wine.

When we arrived there, Mark and I looked at each other as we looked at the two persons who were both pouting and were standing a few meters away from each other.