Special Talents

Fifteen

I stare at the corridor blankly.

Gone.

He just walked away. Just like that. I shake my head, standing up slowly. My mind is clouded and I feel fuzzy inside. I let out a chuckle, running a hand through my blond hair, making my way down the hallways, weaving in and out until I am standing at the entrance to the great hall.

I stay there to people watch for a while, staring at Harry and Ron and Hermoine. Harry is pushing something around his plate. He looks tired, like he hasn't been sleeping lately. And Ron is chewing with his mouth full and open for everyone to see (as fucking always). And Hermoine is laughing at him, rolling her eyes. She looks happy. And so does he. I sigh quietly, squeezing my eyes shut.

There was a time when I was welcome to share happiness with all three of them. A time when I fit in right next to Ron, and my presence felt natural. It doesn't anymore. It's like a ghost of this friendship that no longer exists. The golden trio no longer has a hidden fourth member.

I turn away abruptly, not wanting to go inside to face the present. I all but run down corridors and steps until I reach the familiar dungeons. I close my eyes for a moment, inhaling deeply, taking in the familiar scent.

Home.

"pure-blood" I hiss, sounding emotional as the door opens for me. I run quickly up to my room, slamming the door and sinking down, my back to the wood. I let out a sigh. This day....

It is completely empty and dark inside the room, the lights switched off. I stagger, unbalanced, over to my bed, and. Collapse, allowing my mind to wander, thinking about the events of this week, the intense amount of stuff that has happened.

Last night, I didn't dream at all. I remind myself softly, smiling a bit. It was refreshing to wake up rested this morning, but I did kiss Draco. I know, Harry and Harmoine and Ron would all literally murder me if they found out. My head would be served on one of those shiny silver platters in the great hall.

Good thing I don't care right now. We are not friends. They have no right to try and control any of my decisions. I am perfectly capable of handling myself. I mean they all just think that they can ignore me and keep secrets, but of course they assume that I won't mind...I mean why would I possibly care about them? They've only been my best friends since we were eleven. Eleven fucking years old...and I don't get so much as a 'good morning, Scar. How are you today?' no...

Nothing. Not a single thing.

My mother hasn't written in a while, but I honestly don't mind. it is not a big deal. We've never been very close....She hasn't been concerned with me lately; she's also been gone a lot. I swallow thickly, thinking about when I was little and how my father used to tell me that I was very special and that no one could know. I sighed, shaking my head. 'the dark lord will use you for your talents, Scar. Hide them well. Conceal yourself.'

I replay his words over and over again in the dark room, squeezing my eyes shut. I don't want to be special. I want to be perfectly normal. Completely and utterly normal.

I with, pullin up my wrist and staring at my watch. I have class in ten minutes...and I honestly don't care to go. It's one of my least favorite classes, and I do not understand why it's necessary to do,

A minute later, Kailey and Jenna shuffle in, giggling with eachother. Jenna is running a hand through her long black hair, and bailey is beaming at her. "oh, hey, Scarlett." Jenna said, giving me a once over. "are you coming to class?" she asks

"ummmm, I'll uh be down in a while, just go ahead without me." I said smiling. Jenna just nods, grabbingher book, and leaving, tugging Kailey behind her. I wave and a minute after she leaves, I walk out of my room, and up to the room of requirement.

I want to read, yes I am kind of gigantic nerd. But I enjoy the quality muggle books. I find them far more interesting. I open a big wooden door and walk into a room that is...well like a library. I sit down next to a shelf and grab a random book, it is titled Macbeth. I begin reading, dissecting the old language intently. The thingsthese muggles can write...amazing.

I then hear the door open and someone walks in. The door is behind me, but I decide not to look up, not particularly caring. He walks around me and sits down. I look up to see Harry sitting across from me. Oh great, what now.

"hello, Harry." I say, keeping my tone emotionless. I honestly do not want to deal with him at the moment.

"hey, scar. I just wanted to apologize. We were stupid to not trust you, I know you wouldn't tell anyone. I just...i really don't want voldemort to know what's going on." he looks really horrid, as if he hasn't been sleeping. I sigh deeply and nod.

"I know, you guys didn't mean to hurt me, I honestly don't get why I acted that way." I say, and he nodds, his lips turned up slightly.

"Harry, what's wrong...have you been having...dreams again?" I hate it when he has those dreams, he can never sleep and they really get to him. He just nods once. I stand up and make my way over to him. He is sitting on a black couch and I sit next to him. I take his hand and smile reassuringly. He squeezes his eyes shut and then opens them. He looks as if he is going to fall asleep. I put my arms around him, he just sits there for a while, but eventually falls asleep in my arms. After a while I turn cold, as if something icy is trying to suffocate me. I shudder right before my eyes cloud over.

I see Harry and Hermoine and Ron. then I saw Draco, and he looks guilty and turns to walk away. I hear Hermoine speaking matter-o-factly.

" Harry is under the impression that Draco malfoy is now a death eater" and then I see Draco crying in the bathroom, and then I saw Harry...under the astronomy tower. He is looking up he looked extremely sad and angry.

Then I am back in the room of requirement. I shudder and look down. Harry is sweating and gasping, seconds later, yelling. I try to wake him but it is of no use. It brings fresh tears to my eyes, seeing him like this. I just hold him until he wakes up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

external link, ashley greene as jen

Thank you for being the most wonderful of people. I am so amazed by each and every one of you. As always, show some love

~Alex Marsh