I bet

Chapter three

i wake up early, seeing no one in the room. I cannot recall moving to the leather couch in the common room, but I feel gucking cold, and I need to get ready for classes. I stand up slowly, looking around, I run a hand through my disgusting, knotted hair, cringing a bit. Ew. I walk quickly to my dorm room, not wanting anyone to see me that disgusting. I am expecting Kailey to still be sleeping, but i find myself to be wrong when i come in to see her pacing maniacally.

"where the hell where you? You disappeared god dammit! I woke up and you were gone, prancing off in a feild of fucking roses or something, I bet." she snapps, but I can tell that she was just worried, which really annoys the hell out of me. I'm a big girl, and I don't need her to look after me. I roll my eyes, pushing past her and over to my bed.

"I was in the common room, Jesus Christ. I don't need you to babysit me, Kailey. I'm fine. Stop Worrying about me." I snap back, grabbing my robe, a blouse, a skirt, my schedule, and some shoes before disappearing from the room again. I took some time to get ready before heading down for breakfast. I smile a bit when I saw my best friends.

"good morning scarlett, how did you sleep?" Hermione asks me politely. Her tone is overly cheerful, fake, and I clench my jaw, looking away from her andover at the boys. They are both staring at their plates, avoiding eye contact. This has been a pretty normal thing as of late, and it is starting to piss me off. Those fuckers are hiding something from me.

"not well at all, actually." I reply annoyedly as I grabbed a piece of toast. It is awkward and silent as we eat our breakfasts. Why is it that whenever I come around they all got quiet, It only started recently, and it is pissing me off. I want my friends back. The sweet, funny, understanding ones . But they seem to distant to recover, and it makes my clench my fists.

"so what's up?" I ask although it doesn't even sound like a question. I need them to answer. I am absolutely desperate for they're friendship. They are all I have left. I actually need them. These three people are like my lifeline, as long as I can desperately hold on to them I will remain sane.

"nothing at all we just..." she never finishes her sentence. Oh my god, they cannit be doing this to me. I need them, but they are already gone. They don't trust me. I'm nothing to them...nothing at all. I look at all three of them, swallowing thickly and staying quiet for a minute.

"tell me" I demand harshly, staring at Ron, my blue eyes smoldering.he looks away from me. I can tell that he was afraid...but what do they think I am going to do...I wouldn't hurt them, they are the one's who are hurting me. I feel like I am being stabbed in the back.

"it's really nothing we just need a-" I stand up, and he stops speaking. Stupid gryffindors. All they care about is being the freaking heroes. They're all attention whores. They like feeling accomplished. They act so selfless but they're not.

"what the hell is wrong with you three, you know what I I don't give a shit. you wouldn't let me hear whatever the hell you were talking about. just ignore me again." I practically growled and stormed away. they didn't deserve to have an amazing friend like me. I would do anything for them...but what do they do to me...they ignore me. Pretend I'm not there.

I walk strait down to the dungeons when a familiar boy ran into me...well okay so I ran into him. But at the moment, I am so angry I just...I could kill someone. But I won't. I will not. I solemly swear not to hex him into next week.

"watch it." Malfoy says with a softer tone then he usually used. It catches me off gaurd. He's not nice to me...he's a prick. I give him a cautious once over, taking the hand that he offered me. He pulls me up, and I break our excessive eye contact.

"I'm sorry, I just, I'm in a hurry." I say lamely.

"well, we have potions in ten minutes so I'll take you." he says, his tone once again cold. He grips at my arm and pulls me down the hallway to the potions room, we have class with the gryffindors. I don't mind, but everyone else does, so it is not going to be pleasant. He opens the door and I walk in to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I shoot them a glare and walk to the only place with open seats. Draco sits next to me and class begins.

"class, today I will tell you who your partners are, no changing. So it would be best to attempt to get along." slughorn says. We are all given books and he starts to read his list, I, of course am stuck with malfoy. This year is great all ready. And I mean that in no way what so ever. My life is ripping apart at the seems. I silently curse.

We are told to read about love potions. It is dreadfully boring, and I am glad when class ends. And I was to go to divination. It is actually my second favorite subject. I am walking when I run into Neville. He grins widely and then hug me. Neville is honestly a great kid, I am glad we are friends, but he pulls away suddenly and runs off with his head down. I stand there confused till I hear blaise behind me.ugh, why can't they just let me be happy speaking to Neville. He is an amazing best friend, and I'm proud to be his friend. He is honorable and loyal which is more than I can say for some people.

"well, if it isn't Selvin having a warm embrace with longbottom. It makes me want to throw up. Who could like a loser like that." Draco snickered and his groupies snickered too. They should all get lives...seriously. I don't need them telling me who I should and shouldn't hang out with.

"shove off Zabini. I'd hug that loser before i'd hug you hands down, any day." I scoff. It was true, I hate Blaise with a burning fiery passion. Have I mentioned that the hatred I feel towards him is greater then the hatred I feel towards Draco? It is. I hate him so much. I hope he dies in a painful, cruel way...,like dementors. They need to suck what little soul he has right out.

" what about me? Would you rather snog him?" Draco asks with a smirk. I nod without hesitance and turn away. Does he actually think that I would enjoy snogging him? Only in his wildest dreams...I honestly hope that isn't his dream because it sure as hell will not be a reality anytime soon. I turn to walk away.

"well, are you trying out for quidditch?" I nodd cautiously, stopping in my tracks. I about-face, narrowing my eyes." well I bet you won't make the team. And we're betting on a snog, if you aren't on the team you have to snog me. And if you make the team, you don't." he says, and i love a good challenge so I nod my head, "deal." I say, and we shake hands, and then they all walked away.