Bloodlust

The parchment flutters to the ground as I feel every single drop of blood drain from my face.

This is actually the end. My life is over. I cannot handle this. I do not want any of this. She was one of them. She had to have known...she had to have known that they were coming to kill him. She is a monster. She is worse than the dark lord himself. She is everything that I am against.

I stand then, even though I can feel my legs shaking from the weight. And I stumble to the bathroom where I absent-mindedly reach for a razor. I haven't been in this position in quite a long time. And I'm not sure what possessed me to do it

But I need the escape.

I dig the sharp silver into the smooth skin of my left arm, hissing out at the pain. It's overwhelmingly perfect. The minute my skin breaks, I am filled with an adrenaline unlike anything else. I tip my head back, waiting for the pain to slow before going in again, not stopping for what seemed like an eternity. I stop when I become so disoriented that I cannot sit up straight. My head is swirling around and around. I can feel the worry slip away until an image of my father fills my head, and the anger is back.

I stand up sloppily before falling against the wall, staggering across the room and through the hallways.

I don't know where I'm going. But I have to get out. I groan loudly, finding myself alone on the floor of the astronomy tower. I can taste the salt of my own tears as they gather around my cracked lips.

I must be quite the sight, a young woman curled on the floor of a tower bawling endlessly with dark blue staining my undereyes. I feel destroyed, and for the first time I. My entire life, I feel afraid. If Voldemort wants to see me, he'll either mark me or torture me to death. I am unprepared for both of those things.

I stand up again, and I slowly make my way towards the banister. In a daze, I throw my right leg over the side, and I pull until I'm seated on top of it. I am so close to saving myself from this hell.

And then there are the footsteps. I'm unphased until I hear the voice.

"Shit, Scarlett, is that you!?" And then I'm ripped violently away from my freedom, pulled back onto solid ground. I land on top of the stupid boy. He pulls me into his lap, whispering sweet words of encouragement into my ear. I look up at him. His dark hair and lightning scar stand out against his pale skin, and I thrash, pulling away from him. I curl up against the banister, and he reaches his arms out for me again. I shove his shoulder harshly, shaking my head. He yelps, rubbing his shoulder and frowning.

"Scarlett, come here. Come talk to me, yeah? It'll all be okay.c"he whispers to me quietly, and I shake my head because no, it most certainly is not okay. He reaches out again and I swat at his arm roughly, finally finding my voice.

"If you try to touch me, Harry, I swear to merlin that I will scream as loud as I can manage, and I will push you off of this tower. Leave me alone." I almost sound demonic, voice low and scratchy. I watch him surrender, backing up slowly, eventually leaving my be. I sigh with relief, laying down and closing my eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up with one of the worst headaches that I have ever had, reaching up to touch my head. As soon as I move my arm, I gasp at the thick pains that shoot through my body. And then I notice that there are arms wrapped tightly around my torso. A familiar hand wraps around my wrists, returning my hand to my lap. I look to see Draco staring at me with uncertain eyes. I move to pull away, but he tightens his grip, shaking his head. He kisses at my cheek, and I sigh at the familiar touch. It's almost therapeutic.

"Hey, Scar. It's alright. I'm not going anywhere and neither are you." He says, kissing my temple. I shudder, remembering how I got here, the events of the day replaying in my head, and I feel tears in my eyes again. The only thing that keeps me grounded is draco's fingers brushing through my hair, and the occasional kisses. After the tears finally stop, I am left shaking in his lap.

"It's alright, Scar. I'm going to take you to my room. I'm going to take care of you. Don't worry about anything." He whispers in my ear, and I'm too exhausted to protest, allowing him to lift me to his chest. He smiles reassuringly, leaning down to peck me once before making his way to his room. Once inside, he set me down on the bed, and I close my eyes, attempting to control my breathing. Then I feel the bed shift, and Draco is caressing my cheek.

"Scar, babe? I'm going to close these up, and then I'll bandage them." He says softly. "I may also be able to fix your headache."

He sounds nervous as he grabs my hand, muttering some spells before wrapping it in gauze. He then handed me a glass of water that took the edge off of my headache. I look at his eyes for the fist time, swallowing. He opens his mouth to speak, but no words come out.

"What the hell were you thinking?" He demands sufdenly, and I open my mouth before closing it and frowning. How am I supposed to answer that question? 'I tried to kill myself. Don't stress'? So I deflect instead.

"Why did you come back?"

He sighs running a hand through his disheveled hair, "Potter owled me. You didn't answer my question. Why the fuck have you done this to yourself, Scarlett? We could have just talked about it!" He says, and I laugh cynically.

"You wouldn't understand. He wants me...I can't do this. I cannot handle this. They...they killed him, and now I'm going to have that stupid mark on my arm for forever." I say, beginning to panic. "I can't do that. I can't do it." I say again, and he pulls me to his chest.

I hate this.

I hate how this makes me so vulnerable. I hate that I'm so afraid of everything. I hate that I have a horrible mom and past. I hate that I can't live for a single day without feeling so broken. I hate everything. I hate myself.

"Scarlett, tell me what happened." He coos in my ear, and I shake my head. He pulls away, giving me a stern look. I swallow thickly and nod.

"It's your dad. He was there when my dad was killed. He was...he was supposed to do it. And my mom...she's a ducking traitor. She is supposed to be the good one. The kind one. She was supposed to fucking protect us. She had to have known. She knew. She probably told them where we were." I say, and he nods slowly.

"So we'll get through it, Scar. It's not a huge deal. I can help you understand my family. They're not that bad, really. His words are said kindly, and he looks relieved.

"I don't see why you're freaking out. Everything will be fine. You had no need to go and do this to-"

"I wasn't finished." I say lowly, and he frowns, not understanding. I close my eyes, and my breathing picks up. I can feel a pushing on my chest. He squeezes my hand to reassure me before he asks me what it is, and I take in a shaky breath.

"Voldemort wants me. My mom told him that I'm ready to be marked." I say, and draco's face turns cold.

So how was it! Good? I have to say this is the first chapter I've actually enjoyed writing for a while now. I'm determined to finish this soon, and when I do I'm going to rewrite every chapter. I'm going to edit everything, and it's going to be so much better...I promise. So thanks a lot...I love you guys.

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

AND MESSAGE ME...I LIKE HEARING FROM YOU LOVELY PEOPLE!

Oh! And before I forget if any of you are interested in one direction go check out my new fanfic Taking chances. I'm super stoked about it, and I think it's really good so far. Thanks for you time, good night...or morning...or lunch...or whatever.

Love,

Alex