Chapter 1 ~ Start of the Year

Hello everyone, and thank you for taking an interest in this story, I hope you enjoy it! It's a short fan-fiction because I didn't want to make it that long! Anyway...got ahead and enjoy :)

******************************************************************************************************

Hermione was sitting in a compartment with Ron and Harry, she didn't bother joining in with their conversation since their topic was Quidditch and she honestly wasn't in the mood to chat with them.

"Ginny's going to try out this year again, so am I. But I think I've got a better chance" Ron said confidently.

"I'm captain again this year". Harry replied seeing the gleam in Ron's eye.

"And i know that you'll let me be on the team" Ron winked at Harry.

"That won't be fair on the others, just because you and Harry are friends" Blurted out Hermione who finally looked away from the window.

Ron and Harry turned to look at Hermione in surprise. "Woah, It didn't even seem like you were here with us, you've been quiet for so long" Ron exclaimed and put his feet up resting in on the opposite seats.

"Hermione's right, Ron! It wouldn't be fair" said Harry copying Ron and putting his feet up on the chairs.

"Fine, we'll try out and you decide on the better talent" said Ron.

There were a couple more minutes where neither of them talked. All that could be heard was Pig's crazy hooting and flying around in his cage. But after a while they could here distant laughing and giggling of girls down the corridors.

"What is with that noise?!" Harry said. Hermione got up and out of the compartment to investigate the source of the noise. She walked passed 3 compartment when she stopped...

Right in front of the Slytherin compartment, but it was full of girls and one boy. Hermione opened the door to complain, however was almost knocked oveer by the squealing girls.

"Excuse me" She shouted, but was ignored.

"Excuse me!" she said again at the top of her voice, when they all turned to face her.

"Could you please keep it down? We can hear you all laughing, 3 compartments down" She told them clearly and but a few glares in return.

"Lighten up, Hermione. We're just having a laugh!" said the voice of Lavender.

"Lavender?" Hermione was surprised to see Ron's ex in the Slytherin compartment. "What are you doing here in a Slytherin compartment, and Pavarti, and Cho? Ginny?!" 

She'd seen the red head girl trying to hide, but Hermione had seen her and she wore an apologetic smile.

"Hey, Hermione, we're just talking like Lavender said" She reassured her, but Hermione didn't feel reassured at all, she needed answers.

"Draco is so funny, and sweet" exclaimed Lavender. And to Hermione's surprise she noticed a boy but didn't see it was Draco, he was lost in the crowd of girls.

"That's right Granger...Lighten up, anyway, see you girls" Draco said, and got up. The girls giggled and waved in the most stupid way, Hermione found it amusing.

Draco walked to the door causing Hermione to back away. Draco gave Hermione a look and a slight smirk, then he was out of sight.

This annoyed Hermione so much, the girls didn't stay in the same compartment but followed Draco like some psycho stalkers. But Hermione just didn't care and went back to sit with Harry and Ron, she put her feet up and hugged her knees.

"So what was all that about, who was it?" Ron asked and leaned in, in interest.

"Oh it was a bunch of girls including your sister, following Draco wherever he goes. It was stupid and pathetic...euurgh...if it's like this now, imagine how it'll be in school." Hermione said, worrying that her last year may not go well.

"Ginny? stalking Draco?...I need to have a word with her, what's she playing at?" he muttered.

Hermione P.O.V

Stupid girls, why on earth are they going after him? All that giggling and laughing...I swear if that continues at school, I'll hex the lot of them, I want to do well in my N.E.W.Ts and this won't help.

The trained slowed to down and came to a stop at Hogsmeade station. The platform became crowded as students piled out. Hagrid, the school gameskeeper took the first years to the boats, but there were still a lot of students, so many you could get lost in them. Hermione gathered her things. She was having trouble with her belongings but Harry and Ron went on ahead.

She got off the train and walked after Ron and Harry, they were walking fairly fast so had to run to keep up.

"Heehee, Oh Draco you're so funny"

"Yeah, Draco...and smart...the final year ball's coming up at the end of the year"

"Who are you going to take Draco?"

Again to Hermione annoyance, she heard girls walking and talking with Draco, giggling and Draco just didn't give a damn. He was liking this of course. The dirty git he is, he liked it when girls flirted and had all their attention on him.

"Alright girls, I'll let you know who i'm taking when the times right" Draco smiled at the girls and they all proceeded up to the castle. He was now walking alongside Hermione.

"You love it don't you?" She said all of a sudden, breaking the silence."You love the attention they give you"

"Who wouldn't, not my fault I'm attractive" he ran his fingers through his hair, clearly admiring himself, but Hermione thought he was a self centered git who cared about no-one.

Hermione scoffed "Attractive? You're joking right?" Hermione shook her head in disbelief that this guy actually loved himself so much.

"No need to be jealous, Hermione" Draco said with a smirk on his face.

Hermione's face went red, either in rage or because she was blushing, but she picked up her walking place a little.

"I am NOT jealous. Why would I be? I've got better things to do that follow a git around like i'm a lost puppy, and since when did you start calling me 'Hermione'?"

Draco laughed, he turned around and waved at the girls behind him. "Well Hermione's your name! Maybe that's the reason! Oh and why does it bother you so much?" he asked curiously followed by one of his smirks.

"Because, it's my final year here, I want a good memory of it, and get good grades, and that won't happen if the only memory I have is girls fawning over you. "  Hermione's temper was rising.

"That's a shame, but atleast you'll have a memory of me...with of course the girls" He said stepping over a huge rock that Hermione had to walk around.

"That is something I definately don't want to remember" she told him and walked faster to get away from him. She'd caught up with Ron and Harry and got into a deep conversation.

Draco was smiling, it bothered her, that's was he liked. He thought his final year was good with all the girls but it's about to get better with one girl that hates him.

 ____________________________________________________________________________

What do you think?!  lalalala

So...I woke up late today...because I'm lazy...

Yeah...

Please vote and comment...thankies!  Looovvee yoous!