My boyfriend is the star quarterback, but I had sex with the school nerd. Chapter 2

My mom was so angry, she wasn't acknowledging my existence. She didn't speak to me the rest of the night, and the next morning she left for work before I woke up. The next morning, I got up, stretched and headed to the bathroom to get ready. I put on a purple Tory Burch knit with a pair of Sevens and some purple heels. Heading to my car, I grabbed a protein bar and a bottle of water.

When I reached school, I parked and walked over to my group. We occupied the picnic table by the enormous oak tree in the school courtyard. "Hey!" squealed Isabella McCunn, my best friend. "Hey! What's up?" I said, giving her a hug. "Oh noth-"she was interrupted by Caroline Wilson, a new addition to our group. She joined when she started dating Ben Switzer-one of Jared's football buds. "How come you didn't ride with Jared?" she asked. "'Cause her mom caught them!" burst Ben, laughing. Damn, had everyone heard about that?! Glancing up I saw Jared walking towards us looking disgruntled. "Where where you today morning?" he said. "Obviously, I decided to drive myself," I answered. "Yeah, obviously, you did. Because I headed over to your house today morning and no one was there. Couldn't you have texted me or something?" Seeing the hurt look on his face, I sat down with my back against the oak and grabbed his hand, pulling him down beside me. "I'm sorry, is there any way I could repay you?" I whispered into his ear, intertwining my fingers with his. "Yeah, I think there is," he whispered back with a smile. He leaned in to kiss me gently, slowly sucking the breath out of me. Until the bell rang. "Come on you guys!"yelled Isaac Grove, yet another member of our group. We stood up. Jared leaned over giving me a quick peck on the cheek and said, "I'll see you later, babe," and left.

I dragged myself into AP Precalc, yawning. I went to my desk, sat down and pulled out my materials. Ian Weston came in and sat in front of me. Turning around he asked, "hey, did we have any homework in AP Bio.?" I stared at Ian. I had known Ian since kindergarten. We had been competing academically our whole lives, but in 7th grade, I found my group, and our competition hit an all time low. I still kept my grades up, but neither of us really cared who got the higher grade anymore, or even interacted on a social level. I had been busy with dance team, the boyfriend, school, and all of my other clubs; and Ian was involved in so many academic activities, I lost count. While I was at the 'upper' part of the food chain. He ended up on the fringes. Certain members of our group, including Jared had enjoyed making fun of Ian until they realized that he just didn't care. He was strong enough to keep from physically being beaten and didn't care about his social status. "Umm hello?" he said. "Oh sorry, what?" I asked. He rolled his eyes behind his Ray Banns. Oh yeah, did I mention that Ian wore huge Ray Banns with plaid shirts, skinny jeans, and converses. This typically accented his lack of football brawn. Although, he wasn't too unattractive behind his glasses. He had floppy, shiny brown hair that kept falling into his face, and bright blue eyes that I found myself gazing into. "What was our homework in Biology?" he said slowly as if I was mentally challenged. "Oh right, sorry. It was reading pages 22- 35 and answering the cumulative review, easy," I answered. "Shit," he murmured. "Oh and thanks," he told me with a faint smile. He was about to turn around when I said, "don't worry, it was really easy. I'm sure you'll have time during break to finish it, and study for a potential pop quiz if you want." He gave me a funny look, which I guess I deserved considering I hadn't really spoken to him in years, said thanks stiffly and turned around. For some reason, I couldn't focus on math that whole class period. All I could think about was what had happened between me and Ian. We had been good friends before junior high, and then we had atleast talked in 7th and 8th grade. In 9th grade I had started dating Jared, and Ian hadn't spoken to me since. I always thought it was because he was too busy too, but I remembered that the only times Jared had made fun of Ian was when he'd come near us. The bell rang and I snapped out of my reverie. I grabbed my stuff and ran to my locker, watching Ian pack up out of the corner of my eye.