(7) Stealing The Spotlight Pt. 1

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN/LIKE/TWEET/+1 please! 

<------------------ Those Ways. -----------------> ;) 

Thank you! Enjoy <3  I know it's short, I'm sorry. I'm about to lose wifi - and I'm also sick.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

"If there are any objections, speak up now -or forever hold your peace," the priest announced, his eyes scanning around the church.

I made a move to elbow Aiden, but was surprised when I felt a blow to my side at the same time I'd dealt one.  

My head snapped to him, only to find him doing the same. I resisted the urge to giggle at our coincidences, and it looked like Aiden saw humor in the matter as well.

"Did we just do mirror images?" he questioned, flicking my elbow.

I hissed at the pain. "Ow! That was my soft spot. And yes, I think we did," I replied, rubbing my pained joint.

I heard one of my father's friends shush me from behind, and I twisted to face him. He caught a glimpse of my glare and dropped his head, obviously retreating.

I gave him a 'that's what I thought' look and turned my torso back to the front.

Aiden was grinning. "Sorry, I forgot you were a girl. With you being bloody scary and all..." he trailed off, deciding it was better to not finish his sentence.

I readied my hands for a good flick, and released it on Aiden's elbow. "OW!" he shouted, jumping in surprise. All heads in the church whirled to him, a stern look on their faces.

"Aiden," his mother scolded in a sharp whisper. He made a face at everyone and motioned for the ceremony to continue. I heard the preacher speak again.

"Now, let us continue with this gathering..." I didn't hear the rest, as the moment my gaze landed on the altar, they were met with both Arabella and Cade's surprised expressions.

Their eyes narrowed at me, and I scowled back, lightly nudging Aiden. Neither of them dropped their glares, and I was determined to not be the first one.

"It seems my brother is surprised you are with me already," Aiden quickly whispered, assuring his lips didn't give any clues that he was talking.

I had to drop my stare and look at him curiously. "What? you consider us together?" I asked, gesturing from him to me.

His face fell ever so slightly. "Well, um, no, not really..." he admitted, trailing off once again. "I meant it as you are sitting with me," he added with a wink.

My mouth formed into an O, and I blushed, feeling ignorant.

"Well we kissed - twice. So doesn't that technically make us a couple?" he questioned, trying to save me.

"Well, technically yes," I began, "but I don't like to play by the rules," I finished, a large smirk on my face.

Aiden's eyebrow raised - yes, only one - and he pursed his lips. "Oh really? Well I guess I'll have to see about that later," he said with a wink.

I scoffed, crossing my arms. "I didn't mean it that way," I grumbled, annoyed.

"What way did you mean it then?" he grilled, bringing his face closer to mine.

I blinked. "Well..." I stopped, not knowing what to say.

"Exactly," he corrected smugly, happy he'd finally been right.

"You know we can hear everything you are saying," a new voice to my right whispered. I whipped my head to meet my father's brown eyes.

I narrowed my eyes. "Did I ask you to listen to my conversation? No. So leave me alone," I snapped, my mood falling at my father's hands.

He faced the altar immediately, a small frown on his lips. I crossed my arms and I looked to Aiden, who tisked at me. I stuck my tongue out and he smiled - it was one of those one-sided expressions. I ogled, but was brought back to the present when he smirked cockily and pointed forward.

I dropped my gaze and looked forward, my face warming.

"You blush too easily," Aiden whispered, teasing.

My jaw dropped slightly. "You've noticed?"

"Of course, you turn as pink as a newborn," he said in a matter-of-fact tone, rolling his eyes.

"Wha-"

I was cut off by the surprise of his lips on my forehead. It was a small peck, but I still flinched. "You're going to blush, look around," he warned, another crooked smile warming his face.

I did as I was told, my eyes scanning the room. It seemed as if every head was looking my way. As if on cue, I felt a warmness envelop my cheeks, spreading to my neck.

"You bloody-"

"You're too cute, Rose," Aiden interjected with a wink.

"Will you two stop stealing the show?" a random voice commented, earning a glare in it's direction.

"Let's be quiet," Aiden suggested, his stance swimming uncomfortable.

"Let's," I agreed, trying to push away my blush.

It seems I'm always in the spotlight.  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

ok guys this is just really quick. Bc I got wifi, and idk when I'll be able to update again. D: 

So please VOTE/COMMENT/FAN!  

Sorry about the shortness. :) 

<3 

till next time!:) xoxo