Home At Last

Hey guys... it's Beth here: sorry I haven't updated in such a long time - surprisingly I've actually found myself with a social life! haha :3 well here you go - a short chapter from Elena's POV set after she's just admitted her love to Damon. I hope you guys are enjoying reading this Delena scenario as much as I am writing it - I've been rewatching all the episodes lately, and I have to say I'm a girl obsessed! :P Hope you enjoy it - as always read/comment/vote! LOVE you :) xx

Elena Gilbert POV:

       I was mentally slapping myself over and over again. What on earth had possessed me to make that admission to Damon? Now he wouldn’t shut up about it, I bet, and all I had wanted to do on this weekend break was to forget about Stefan, about love and about Klaus. I guess that admitting my feelings for Damon wasn’t really going to help with that plan.  Stupid, stupid Elena, I mentally cursed. Why? I was as bad as Katherine – the moment one Salvatore brother is out the picture, I immediately latch onto the other willing brother.

            But I wasn’t Katherine. I wasn’t playing around with both Salvatore brothers – after all I had broken up with Stefan, hadn’t I? Mentally shaking myself, I assured myself that I was doing this for all the right reasons, and turned to face Damon, whose expression was one of complete utter shock, with a hint of wonder.

            “Damon?” I asked quietly, my voice cracking and letting how nervous and emotional I was shine through.

            He turned to face me, his dark eyes, the windows to his soul – that only I seemed to have the ability to see through – and gazed into my eyes. “I love you too, Elena,” he murmured.
            Damon leaned in closer, and I did the same. Our eyes still locked, he kissed me lightly at first, almost tentatively tip-toeing around a boundary. I kissed him back. This time, more passionately. I didn’t want it to stop – it was as if Damon was my own drug that I couldn’t wean myself off of. My arms snaked around his neck; I wouldn’t let go. I couldn’t let go. I needed this man, here, in my arms, more than I had ever needed Stefan, more than I had never needed anybody before in my life. It was as if I was a jigsaw puzzle that had finally just found the missing piece. This one amazing kiss was perfect; and everything slotted into place. I was complete. The kiss was now more heated than any kiss I’d ever had. With Stefan it had been full of love and care. With Damon, it was full of lust, passion and need... I now understood.  I didn't need someone to love me. I needed someone to need me, to want me.  Sure, I wanted someone to love me and someone to love in return, but what I needed was a soul mate. Someone to understand me, who understood me and who needed me. Someone who wouldn't let me go, no matter what life threw at us. I got all of that with just one kiss, our lips melding together, searing with heat, passion and unspoken feelings.

When oxygen finally became a necessity, I unwillingly broke apart from Damon, who’s usually pale cheeks were flushed, his eyes held a new found sparkle, and his hair was mussed and in a casual disarray which held the clues to the previous moment’s activities. I stared into his eyes, and he stared into mine; and it was as if we were seeing one another for the first time. Neither of us said a word, and it was like we didn’t need to. That kiss had said it all; shown me what I’d been missing all this time I’d been devoting myself unfalteringly to Stefan, despite Damon’s many attempts to woo me. But all that didn’t matter, because I had found him now. We had found each other. Here I was, without a mother or a father, with no real sense of belonging or place in the world.

But now I had finally done it. I had found my home. And I had every intention of moving in, and staying put...