An Unwanted Discovery

Once Damon and I had had a minor argument about which dishes to order – pointless, anyway, seeing as Damon would probably just drink blood – I left him lying on the sofa downstairs whilst I went to have a shower; I didn’t like feeling dirty and my face and clothes were covered in food.

            Under the cascade of hot water, I let my mind wander to the events of the evening so far... I was definitely confused about how I felt about Damon. We had something, the pair of us, something special. It was as if when we kissed we became one person – each of us in sync with the other’s motion. When we kissed. SHIT! I dropped the bar of soap I was holding. We had kissed. I, Elena Gilbert, had kissed Damon Salvatore. Multiple times, may I add... what was wrong with me? I knew Stefan was gone for the foreseeable future with Klaus, but nevertheless that doesn’t excuse my actions. I had technically cheated on Stefan, with his brother Damon... as I ran the razor down my leg; I winced in pain as I accidentally cut my leg from pushing the blade against my skin too hard. As I watched the crimson trickle down the plughole, I let all thoughts of Stefan disappear down the plug as well. There was no point worrying – Stefan had made his own mind up and gone with Klaus – and Damon and I weren’t powerful enough to get him back, so I might as well enjoy myself while I could...

            Climbing out the shower, I wrapped a fluffy white towel round me as I blew dry my hair. It lay in its natural waves about my shoulders, and I fluffed it at the roots. Sexy and sophisticated, I smirked. Subconsciously, I thought of Damon. Looking around the bathroom for my clothes, I groaned – I’d left my luggage downstairs and the only things I had with me were my dirty food-covered clothes, which I wasn’t in any hurry to put back on. I had no choice but to call Damon. I only raised my voice a little as I said his name because I knew his hearing would enable him to hear me – and moments later he knocked on the bathroom door. After I fumbled with the lock, I swung the door inwards, only to jump back in surprise at the sight of Damon leaning on the doorframe at such close proximity. His ever-present smirk once again adorned his face and I shoved a lock of hair behind an ear.

            “And what does the beautiful Miss Gilbert require now,” Damon teased, and from the corner of my eye I could see he was holding some of my clothes behind his back.

            “Damon, you know all too well what I called you for,” I retorted, trying not to let my amusement flit across my face.

            “Of course I do... you want to have wild hot sex with me, which is why you’re wearing nothing but a towel...” His voice trailed off, as his eyes scanned me up and down. I felt a blush come to my cheeks as I imagined Damon and me on his bed, like we were earlier...

            “No... Of course I didn’t want that,” a little too hurriedly, as my voice cracked, making Damon smirk again.

            “You sure about that, sweetie,” Damon teased, “It’s just you don’t seem all too sure that isn’t what you want.” He winked suggestively and I tried to push past him, flustered.

            “Damon,” I started, but I stopped because he hadn’t moved from his position in the door frame, and as I had tried to push past him, he’d shifted so that he was blocking my escape. “I –“ I was cut off, as once again Damon brought his lips down to mine.     

            The pressure of his lips on mine was soft, gentle even, and I let myself fall into the blissful mental state as he bit playfully on my bottom lip. I think I let out a moan, at one point, and I felt Damon’s lips twitch in a smirk before they resumed tangling with mine as I cringed in embarrassment. I kept my hand firmly on my towel – the last thing I needed now was for it to slip down. As the kiss deepened, I wound my free hand into Damon’s hair, and his hand slipped down to my waist. He held me gingerly, as if I was a fragile doll that he was afraid of breaking, and I leant into his lean torso, caught up in the kiss. Almost as quickly as it had started, the kiss was over, and Damon pulled away looking flustered. “7-6 to you Mr Salvatore,” I grinned.

            Damon smirked, running his hand through his mussed-up hair in a very enticing way. “About time, Miss Gilbert,” as he stuck his tongue out at me, “But I think we need to stop scoring points for kissing, or else I’m afraid I’m just going to have to keep kissing you all evening.”

            I shrugged, playfully, “Well... I could think of worse people to spend the evening kissing...” I trailed off as I watched Damon tense, before relaxing. I knew, then, that both our minds had turned to Stefan.

            “So...” Damon started, awkwardly. “Who’s a better kisser?”

            I think a look of panic may have crossed my face. He wasn’t making me choose, was he? The pair of them were completely different – Stefan was sweet and endearing whereas Damon and I were feisty, passionate. Then it hit me. What I had had with Stefan had never been more than a sweet school girl crush... but what I had with Damon? That was real, passionate and full of pure emotion.

            I was in love with Damon Salvatore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyyyy guys... it's me, Beth. I don't normally write footers at the end of chapters but I just wanted to say a few things:

a) Thanks so much to anyone who gave me ideas - I'm planning on using them in the next chapter, as I just wanted to fit this moment in before I do - I really appreciate them, as they helped me get over my writers block! :D

b) Sorry if I've been rubbish at uploading lately. I've been really stressed with exams and what not - so forgive me! I'll try and upload on wednesday, but I can't promise anything - and I'm going to France for a week on Saturday so I'll try and give you something before then.

So yeah... if you've been following this story I really appreciate it and would love to get to know you guys - just fan me, vote or send me a message - I'd love to get to know you! :D

Hope you like this and it was worth the wait! :D

Beth xx