Digging a hole and a Chinese Takeaway

When I got downstairs, I could see Damon slouched in the doorway, holding the Chinese in one hand, and holding himself upright with the other. I could see the delivery girl stood in front of him, her eyes wide and flirty – and I couldn’t help but feel insanely jealous. I cleared my throat, more to alert the girl to my presence than anything, as I knew Damon would’ve already heard me as I came downstairs. She jumped back in shock, and Damon sighed.

            “What did you do that for, Elena?” he rolled his eyes, as he slammed the door in the girl’s face. “I nearly had her, as well!” He took one look at me stood there, and cleared the distance between us in less than a second. He pushed a loose curl of hair behind my ear, and tipped my face up to look him in the eyes. He didn’t kiss me, like I had originally thought he would, instead, he gazed into my eyes for several minutes. We stood there, frozen in that position, in silence. But not the awkward kind of silence. More like the companionable, we don’t need to say anything to each other silence. It was nice.

           I broke the silence, “The Chinese will be getting cold...” Damon laughed, as he removed his hand from my chin.

            “Well I guess we can’t have that, can we. Although, you scared my dinner away, so I’m going to have to think of a suitable punishment for you...”

We ate in the living room for a change – which was nice, because prissy Stefan never let me eat in there in case I spilt something on the furniture. That was one of the things about Damon, because whilst he treated me like Princess, he didn’t treat me like a baby – unlike his brother.

           The pair of us sat on the sofa, plates on our laps as we chatted, but we soon forgot about the rest of the food. Damon rammed his foot into mine, and before we knew it, we were having a footsie match. Damon grabbed my leg, and turned me over. He knelt over me, and shiver ran down my spine as I felt his warm breath on the back of my neck. “So... Elena? You never answered the question. Who’s a better kisser, me or Stefan?” I groaned, in exasperation, except Damon must have thought it was a pleasured sigh because he chuckled.

            “I’m that good, eh?” He flipped me over again, so that he was straddling me. The close proximity between us was making me nervous.

            “I don’t want to answer the question,” I retorted. Damon pouted, and it was my turn to laugh, as his scrunched up face and dishevelled hair looked utterly adorable.     

            “Fine then," Damon suggested, “How about we play Truth or Dare?” I contemplated the idea for a moment, before shrugging. What harm could it do?      

          I agreed... “Fine, but you HAVE to answer everything I ask you, or else it isn’t fair. Do we have a deal?” Damon nodded, before grinning wickedly.                   

                   “You have no idea what you just agreed to, Miss Gilbert...”

I swallowed nervously. I really didn’t.