Nineteen

Niall attempted to call Liam but got no answer.He wanted to vent to his boyfriend but he seemed to be busy which Niall understood.

Instead he called his best friend, soon enough Harry answered."Hey Niall."Harry greeted.

"Harry, are you busy?"Niall laid down on his bed, currently his mother was left to sleep in her room while Denise and Greg headed home.

"No, I'm just watching TV.Why, is everything alright?"Harry said nervously.

"Can you come over? We haven't had a friend date in forever."Niall smiled, feeling like he needed to find some type of happiness on this sad day.

"Of course, I'll be over in half an hour.Cooking me some of that chicken you make."Harry laughed before they both hung up.

Niall pulled on some jeans and a black hoodie.Laying back on his bed as he took a small nap, resting as he attempted to forget the long day before this moment.

After a dreamless sleep, Niall was woke up by a knock on the house door.He pulled on some socks and headed over to the door as he rubbed his eyes.

"Hello"Niall yawned while smiling.

"Hey Ni"Harry grinned leaning down to hug his best friend."How you doing?"

"I'm good."Niall smiled "Yourself?"

"Great.Finals are coming up soon so I'm a bit stressed."

"That's coming up? Oh my god I totally forgot, I think I'm only studying for English."

"I can help you study for math."Harry shrugged.Both walked to Niall's kitchen.

"Do you want chicken salad or have the chicken with rice?"Niall asked  as he washed his hand along with the thawed out chicken breast.

"Rice.You make rice the best!"Harry grinned as he sat on the countertop."How's your mom?"

Niall sighed as he reached for the pans on the top shelf.Harry reached over and grabbed it for his best friend, looking at him expectantly.

"She's dying, Harry."He confessed,turning around to begin the tomato sauce for the rice."She needs a heart transplant and she don't want it."

"I'm really sorry-"

"I tried giving her my heart, what am I gonna do without her Harry?"Niall closed his eyes to prevent tears.

"Ni, I'm so sorry this has to happen to you."Harry walked over to him as he grabbed both of Niall's shoulders."But do you really want to remember the last memories of your mother to be sad.Be there for her, talk to her, don't distance yourself.You'll regret it."

"I'm just gonna miss her so much."Niall cried, not knowing how his eyes could still produce tears after so much crying.

"I know, I know.Its expected but you'll always remember the love she's had for you and your brother."Harry placed a small kiss on Niall's head to comfort him.

"Thank you, Harry."Niall smiled sadly as he gave Harry another tight hug.

--
They sat on Niall's bed, talking about random school gossip and really just catching up.

"Well yeah, Louis got his fiancé pregnant but he's still living at home so I'm really hoping he moves out soon."Harry laughed as he ate a spoonful of red rice.