Fifteen

(Not edited )

Niall stared solemnly out the window, Greg drove both of them to the same hospital they've been going to for years.

Last two days, his mother became more  exhausted.Even getting up to make her bed made her fatigued and lost of breath.

The day before,  Maura was getting out of bed before falling to the floor.Making Niall run after hearing the crash.His mother blacked out for a little before looking up to see Niall's face scrunched up in worried.

"What happened?"Niall asked after placing a pillow under her head.

"I don't-"She began to cough, Niall grabbed a small bucket they always placed on the floor for after his mother's chemo.Then handed the black bucket to his mom to spit up in.

She snatched the bucket before spitting in it, blood was trailing down her mouth.Niall's eyes widen as he reached for his phone in his back pocket.The blonde called his brother.

"Greg" He whispered, closing the door behind himself as he left his mother groaning in the floor.

"What's wrong?"He said grumpily, it was three in the morning on a school day and he wasn't in the mood to be woken up.

"Moms on the floor, she's coughing up blood."He said urgently.

"I'll be right there, stay with her till I get there."

Niall got out slowly, stretching his small legs as he balanced himself on the ground.

"I'll be here before four, are you alright to go alone?"Greg made sure.

"Yes, I'll see you in a bit "Niall waved, doing the usual thing of going through the metal detector and getting a wrist band with his mother's room number.

He went inside the elevator, going to the designated floor before he trailed his hand over the hallways as he walked.Then stopped as he saw the room his mom was said to be in.

After knocking softly , a few moments passed and his mom's weak voice allowed him to come inside.Niall walked inside the dimly lit white room.

His mom was dressed in the same hospital gown while a thin blanket wrapped around her.

"Hey momma "Niall said softly while patting her hair.

"Niall"She smiled, she seemed a bit startled from his presence almost like she didn't let him in.

"Have they said anything?"He asked, grabbing a chair to place close to her bed before sitting.

"They said they'll run tests, they haven't told me anything."She looked exhausted just talking , she dry heaved a bit before resting her head back on the pillow.Niall reached over to hold her hand tightly , rubbing his thumb over the back of her hand as she slept.

Once Niall heard her soft snores , he pulled his legs on he chair closer to him as he tucked his head.Niall knew his mom was dying, the way she breathed, acted.Maura wasn't okay anymore, she only fought harder because she had Niall left.

Finally the tears rolled down his face, he silently tried holding in his sobs but it came out as a gasp for breath.

The door was knocked on, Niall weakly told them to come in but his voice sounded broken and distraught.

"Is she asleep ?"The woman asked, she was dark skinned with kinky beautiful hair, her face was fuller with prominent cheekbones and luscious lips.And her voice was sweet and confident.

"Yes, she just fell asleep."Niall answered, wiping his cheeks from the stray tears that made there way there.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine."She smiled sympathetically.