Chapter Four

[A/N]

I'd really love to thank everybody who's been reading this book or voting for it or anything really. I really appreciate it. I'd love it if more people could read it and give me some much needed feedback because I really love writing this particular story. I hope it isn't too cliché or anything so far. I'd like you to tell me if it is.

Thank you again, Frankie

Chapter Four

Sunday morning and I feel like shit. There’s no doubt about it, I am not a morning person and it’s taken me twenty-three years to come to that conclusion. So screw me, I’m a little slow. 

My head was pounding and it felt like there was a meat cleaver repeatedly bashing at my brains as I groaned and rolled over onto my stomach. Last night had been a blast. I mean if you consider repeatedly singing Adele songs badly and drinking a lot of alcohol a blast, then yes, it was one hell of a night.

Sunday morning and tonight George gets home. I like to make myself think that I'm not a hussy or a slut, but truth be told; I probably am one. I sleep with and live with a man that I am completely not in love with. I mean it wasn’t always like this; I actually used to be that girl that everyone was envious of: great family, great friends, great boyfriend, great grades and a future planned out for her. Not anymore buddy.

In life you’ve got to make choices and I guess I made one too many wrong ones to bring myself out of it and well, now I’m lying in my roommates bed, who I am also screwing.

Tears began to stream down my face silently as I sat up on the bed and curled into a ball as I let my thoughts consume me.

My birthday, my sixteenth birthday. The sun was shining and it was just a happy day all around. My sister and I, excuse me, my twin sister and I had been spoilt this morning to a full breakfast: fruits, waffles, pancakes and different kinds of fresh juice made for us as per request.

‘Mum I wanted dark chocolate on my waffles, not milk!’ Rebecca Sanders, the princess of the Sanders crew and the most spoilt young woman ever, let’s not forget that she is also the other half of the Sanders twins.

‘Sweetheart we only had dark chocolate, besides we had to compromise because your sister wanted chocolate chip pancakes and you wanted waffles, so-‘

‘I don’t care Mum! I wanted dark chocolate.’ It was only then that the head of our family, Leon Sanders Senior, showed up: newspaper in hand, hair ruffled, the dog trailing behind him as well as two young men.

My eyes opened wide in shock as I realised who they were, ‘Oh my god, Mark what’re you doing here?’ I said as I rushed over to him and engulfed him in one of my oh-so famous hugs.

‘I wanted to come and surprise you, besides your Dad said I could come and join if I wanted to. I’d be an idiot to say no.’ He said as his plump lips curled into a mischievous smirk, his dark green eyes looking at me with complete adoration.

‘Well you’ve come at the right time, you can come and have some of my pancakes, I guess I’ll have to share.’ I said dramatically as we intertwined our fingers and walked the short distance to the kitchen table, but not before Mark kissed my mother’s cheek and shook my older brother’s hand.

‘How’s your father Mark? Is Jackson doing well what with the new position at the station?’ My Dad asked as he stuffed a forkful of waffles into his mouth and downed it with a cup of steaming hot coffee; don’t even ask me how he managed to be a Member for Parliament.