Chapter Two

*Just a filler chapter but hope you like it*

Chapter Two

We’d managed to earn approximately two hundred dollars in commission; each. Joseph was currently fanning himself as we both opened the door of his car and basked in the plain joy of earning this money due to our amazingly great touring skills.

At one point in the tour, a little boy named Franz had come to me and asked me if I rode a kangaroo to work, as bizarre as that question may seem, it seemed the rest of the tour group was actually very interested in what my answer was going to be.

I’d then had the awkward pleasure of telling them that no, I did not ride a kangaroo to Australia. This was then met by several disappointed expressions and one very disappointed little boy named Franz.

“What movie do you want to watch? We’ve had a change of plans, we can’t be fucked going to the movies so we’re just going to chill at my place and watch a movie; still game for it?” Joe say as he started the car and shoved his money into a dark leather satchel that rested near my feet.

“Yeah sure, I’ve got nothing better to do anyways.” I said as my phone vibrated again. It had been vibrating ever since I replied to George, and to be honest, I wasn’t exactly too keen on talking to him right now.

We sat in silence as Joe drove us towards the closest Video-Ezy.

Why can’t he just honour the fact that we both agreed to this deal? Friends with benefits, that’s all it was and that’s all it is. Sure, George is a nice guy; absolutely handsome and a heart of gold. But I mean, he deserves better and I’m not looking for a relationship; not now and not ever.

I remember the first time we’d met, it was definitely an unconventional way of meeting your roommate. I’d stumbled out of the airport and realised I had no money for a taxi, so what’s a girl to do when they have no money? Well, I can tell you what not to do; you don’t break down next to the automatic doors. 

Luckily for me I wasn’t picked up by some sleazy and dirty old man who wanted to use me. Lucky for me, George just happened to notice me and offered a helping hand, literally.

We’d gone out to a low-key little café just ten minutes away and he asked why I was crying; we’d spoken for a whole hour on that first day. By the end of our lunch, he’d told me to stay with him, it was too good an offer to pass up; especially in my situation.

I looked up from my lap and realised the car had stopped and we were parked in front of Video-Ezy. I cracked my neck to the side and swiftly hopped out of the car. Joe was already walking towards the doors as I caught up to him; running in heels is not recommended. I heard the car doors beep behind me and I grabbed Joe’s arm as we walked into the store.

“We have fifteen minutes before Amelie gets to my place, and you know how that woman is when you’re not somewhere on time, so pick a movie and we’ll buy some Subway to make up for our lateness.”

I quickly let go of Joe’s arm and walked briskly towards the rows and rows of movies. Usually my dilemma was picking between Titanic and Dear John, but nope, not tonight. Tonight I felt like watching something a little more tragic.

As I neared the end of one of the rows I walked past a man crouched down on the ground as he tried to look for a movie. What I couldn’t help but notice was how he smelt; peppermint and chocolate. If I could stand there and just take in the smell, then hells yes I would. But I was on a mission and that would be classed as incredibly creepy.

“Victory!” I screamed as I finally found the movie I had been looking for.

Joe ran towards me and his jaw dropped as he started squealing like a girl and grabbed the DVD off of me, “We are going to have a lot of fun tonight Blue.” He said before walking over to the cashier and waiting in line.