Chapter One

Chapter One

“Good morning beautiful.”

I yawned groggily as I noticed the arm around my waist tightening around me, the familiar smell of men’s cologne and peppermint filling my senses and making my mouth water.

“Morning to you too handsome.” I said as I shifted and turned my body to look into the eyes of George Dickson.

“You should really get up soon, you’ve got those German tourists to show around today remember?” He said as he leant down to kiss my naked shoulder.

“Urgh, do I have to?” I said as I pouted at him and gave him my best impression of Puss in Boots.

“Don’t give me that look Emmeline, I’ll let you shower first if you get up now.” Seeing as George took approximately thirty minutes to get ready on a fast day, I jumped at the chance, literally.

I jumped out of the bed and sprinted towards the bathroom door, flashing my naked body to him before locking the door behind me and giggling as he yelled after me; “You’re a goddamn tease Emmeline, be quick!”

“Yes sir!” I yelled back as I turned the shower on and waited for the water to heat up.

I looked at myself in the mirror as the steam started to rise around me. I had two hickeys, one on my throat and one just under my jaw. My hair was tangled and messy and I had a faint bite mark over my left breast, not to mention the handprint on my ass as I turned to inspect it. Physical remnants of our sexcapades were usually a signal that George was having a stressful time at work. 

I turned away from the mirror and let the hot sprays of the shower drench my body.

Once upon a time I had really thought that George was going to be the guy that I’d end up with. I used to be secretly in love, or so I thought, with the man until a year ago when he’d suggested that we become friends with benefits. 

Okay no, it didn’t really go like that. He had actually asked me to be his girlfriend, but of course me being me, I was a coward. I spent three days with my best friend Amelie and told her everything and she’d told me to hightail it back to George after explaining.

So I guess we came to a compromise. He got to pretend that we were in some exclusive relationship when the need arose, and I get to keep living a non-committal life.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the bathroom door being knocked on and I screamed out a rather unladylike ‘WHAT’ in that general direction. It was followed by a chuckle and the door opened just as I stepped into a towel.

“Your stupid friend Joseph is here. Babe I seriously get the creeps when he comes over, it’s like he fucks me with his bloody eyes.” George said as he kissed my cheek sweetly.

“Yeah you’re just being a baby, go get showered Georgie, we don’t want the big bad CEO being fired now do we?” I smirked as I let the towel drop from my body and sauntered out of the bathroom, leaving him shocked and his mouth gaping like a fish.

Being with George was easy and effortless. It was fun and carefree, we never had to worry about feelings or anything like that because we were at a mutual standpoint: even though we’re friends, we are also somehow lovers, and that the only way it would continue is if no feelings and emotions were involved; so that’s what happens.

“Oh you look absolutely edible Blue.” Joseph said as I walked out of the room and threw a shoe at him, a shoe which he managed to dodge quite expertly.

“You’re not too bad yourself Joey, we’ve got to impress those Germans somehow right?” I said as I buttoned up the last button on my cardigan before it burst from the size of my breasts.