Chapter Six

[A word from the author]

First of all, I want to apologise for my hiatus, and quite frankly disappearance, from Wattpad. I have given birth to twins, I am in university, and I am also planning a wedding; therefore one can conclude that I simply did not have time to write, nor did I have the mojo to. To all my readers who have been waiting so very long for an update, I am sorry if this is not what you were waiting for.

I realised a few weeks ago, thanks to my fiance, that I had stopped doing things that I loved as a result of becoming a mother. The only reason I had time to write this is because of him, so y'all should be thanking him.

Comments and feedback are very much welcome, I haven't written anything in months and I'm a little self conscious about uploading this.

Love,

Frankie xo

[End note]

Chapter Six

Three days.

It had been three days since Edward fucking Jacobson had called promising to come around in the morning to pick me up for a morning coffee. I had woken up exactly thirty minutes before my usual time, simply so I could look even remotely presentable for my best friend's brother. Nine-thirty had come and gone and the bright yellow sundress gradually lost its vibrancy as the seconds ticked by without a word from the man.

Only one hour after he was supposed to pick me up did he finally call with some half-ass excuse about his dog swallowing a pill that was on his bedside table. I had to give him points for creativity.

Truth be told, I'm no slut, but I won't lie, I have thought about fucking his brains out way too much for a guy I'd technically only just met.

“So are you free tomorrow night?” I snapped out of my reverie at the impatient, and sassy, voice on the other end of the phone.

“I don't know, I promised I'd volunteer with Amelie on Saturday morning.” I lied. Not because I didn't want to enjoy myself with my best friends, but because one of those best friends was dragging their brother along.

“Babe, Amelie's coming too so you can't use that excuse.” A part of me really hated Joseph Jacobson and his pestering attitude.

“I'm on my period, sorry, I have a really heavy flow this time.” If there's one thing that men can't question, it's the female menstrual cycle. Any mention of periods to a man was like holy water to a vampire.

“I'm not stupid, you only ever have your periods when it's a full moon. The only moon that's full right now is your ass.” Damn him to the pits of hell.

“Joe, I find it a little bit troubling that you know my menstrual cycle. Babe I love you but that's just wrong on so many levels.” I heard a muffled laugh and a groan of pain on the phone.

“We've been friends for five years, and you always forget to have your birth control pills in the morning, I'm the only reason you're not pregnant.” He said in an exasperated tone, I could tell he was getting more irate as this conversation continued.