Ceremonies

I really hope everyone is enjoying my story so far but i would really like it if yall would comment I want to know if I could make something better for my readers. :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

            A vampire wedding is kind of similar to a human wedding…….

“We are gathered here today, on this happy and joyous occasion, to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony.”

He took a moment to look between us and then continued

“Marriage is a solemn institution to be held in honor by all, it is the cornerstone of the family and of the community. It requires of those who undertake it a complete and unreserved giving of one's self. It is not to be entered into lightly, as marriage is a sincere and mutual commitment to love one another. This commitment symbolizes the intimate sharing of two lives and still enhances the individuality of each of you.”

Another short pause.

“Shawn Schnider, do you take this woman to be your wedded wife? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to her as long as you both shall live?”

Shaw smiled at me I saw the love in his eyes and I knew I was reflecting the same love. “I do.” He said In a normal tone knowing all the vampires can hear.

“Kameron Ray, do you take this man to be your wedded husband? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him in sickness and in health, remaining faithful to him as long as you both shall live?”

I smiled at Shawn “I do.”  

“Shall the rings be presented?” He looked to Shawn’s mom and brother. His mom handed me his and his brother handed Shawn mine.

“Place the rings on your partner.” The reverend said and we did so. Shawn adding to the ring already on my left hand. Then the reverend took a red silk cloth and placed it on your clasped hands and recited the words I have been dreaming of my entire childhood.

“Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

Shawn pulled my hands and we each took half a step together and kissed and everyone one stood and screamed. The reverend removed the cloth and me and my new husband faced the crowed who were still cheering.

Shawn raised his left hand that I wasn’t holding. “Subsisto.” His voice rang out and everyone in the crowd quieted down. They all took their seats again waiting on him to continue. “We have two more ceremonies as you know that we have to continue with. For my beautiful bride is still human.” His last word on that sentence made me gulp but I knew what was coming next. Shawn then turned to me with a soft smile on his lips and I couldn’t help but to smile back.

“Are you ready to become my vampire bride?” he asked. He was hopeful that I would say yes for I knew he heart my raised heart rate and heard me gulp earlier,

“I am ready to become your vampire bride!” he kissed me again and the crowd cheered once more. When we broke off the kiss he turned to the crowed and held up his hand and they instantly cut off again.

Shawn took my hand and we walked away from the crowd to the table that the reverend took the fabric off of. Other than the fabric it was empty. Shawn helped me onto the table in a laying position and I crossed my ankles and folded my hands over my stomach.

“Are you ready?” he whispered to me touching my cheek. I smiled and that was all the invite he needed. He bent his head over me. Kissed my neck where he was going to bite and I felt the sting of his bite for a second. I gasped out but he had one hand on the top of my head turning it to the side and then one hand on my hands holding them soothing me.