NOW

“Where’s the bedroom in this place?” I ask him with half a laugh, tugging at the zip of his jeans. He kisses me again instead of answering, my actions eliciting a soft groan that I remember all too well. Before I can stop him, he’s suddenly swept me up in his arms and is carrying me to the bedroom, still kissing me, my fingers tangled in his hair.

“Right here” he grins, pulling his lips away from mine and flinging me down onto the bed. I wrap my arms around his neck, drawing him close to me before switching places so I’m on top. I kiss from his lips along the chiselled, slightly stubbly line of his jaw, down the length of his neck, down his chest, over the fast-moving ridges of his ribcage, along his torso...

“Ede. Wait”

I remove my lips from his skin, smile sweetly at him, “Yes?”

“We should talk first”

I raise an eyebrow, “Wait a minute. You want me to stop? Now?”

He looks hesitant; his eyes dart down to where my lips were seconds before.

He gulps loud enough for me to hear, “Um...yes”

I snort, “You always were a terrible liar”

“I’m serious!” he protests, though his body is giving me very different signals.

My eyes lock on his and I, still straddling him, pull my dress off over my head. His eyes dart immediately, instinctively, to my breasts. I remove the rest of my clothes swiftly enough to make his eyes widen, and smile.

“Don’t pretend you haven’t been waiting for this for the last eight years”

He looks at me for a minute, debating whether to lie or confess what we both know to be true.

“I’ve been dreaming about this for the last eight years” he says at last.

I move my lips back to his torso, but he’s suddenly pulled me back to him so he can kiss me again.

“You taste just the same” he murmurs, resting his forehead against mine, “But you’re very different from the shy, innocent girl I first had sex with”

“Oh, I am very, very different” I agree with a little smirk, “And I have lots to show you yet”