VII- From White To Black

7/5/1995

Dear Laith,

I tried... I swear I tried. It didn't last; the brave face I put on for show. It worked for the first few days. But now the cracks in my façade are growing, like the tumor that started the cancer that is killing me.

The new girl that follows you is gorgeous. You look at her the way you used to look at me. I can hear the sparks flying; the fast beat of your heart, and the blood rushing to your cheeks each time she laughs.

I'm dying Laith. I am the white swan watching her lover love someone else. Only I have gone dark. Now I must play the black swan, destined to a lonely life. The girl by your side has stolen the spotlight while I am left on the side, broken. After all, the show must go on.

Forever yours,

Caitlyn

~~~

11/6/1997

Dear Caitlyn,

Is that the secret Caitlyn? Is that what drove you away from me? Are you fighting a battle you will inevitably lose? Is it a tumor? Are you struggling through this alone? Let me help you through it! I promise I will never leave your side.

The girl was not a lover. She was another broken heart I found at the bottom of my fall while I searched day and night for you. The sparks you heard were sparks from to broken hearts, trying to mend themselves together. The rushing blood filled my cheeks at the mention of you. Never once did you leave my heart just as never once did she enter it. She simply helped pick up the pieces. She could never find the last one. That was always with you and always will be.

Loving you now and always,

Laith