A Beautiful Tragic Love Affair

I used to think one day we'd tell the story of us, how we met and the sparks flew instantly...
I believe it was a Tuesday when I caught your eye, I saw you standing there and we caught onto something. I couldn't ask for anything better: you were charming and endearing, you've got your father's eyes and your mother's ambition...I was comfortable and I never knew I could feel that much.

You looked me in the eyes and told me you loved me,
I was standing there when you said forever and always.

But now I'm standing alone in a crowded room and we're not speaking. I stood there and watched you walk away from everything we had...why did you go away? One second it was perfect and now you're halfway out the door.
Was I out of line?
Did I say something way to honest to make you run and hide?
Maybe we got lost in translation,
Maybe I asked for too much...
I've been giving out chances all this time and I guess all I've done is let you down.

I wonder if you'll ever know how much I miss you.

People try to take away my pain, and it just might make me smile but the whole time I'm wishing it was you instead. C'mon don't leave me like this, I thought I had you figured out!
Something's gone terribly wrong, you're all I wanted!

I had the time of my life with you, and I could have loved you all my life. Yeah, we made quite a mess and it's probably better off this way. But I'll confess, in my dreams you're touching my face and asking me if I want to try again with you.
I hang onto every word you say.
You smile at me and say, "How are you?"
And I say, "Just fine" but I always forget to tell you I love you
I'll love you forever.

I watch you, my Superman, fly away. Go save the world, I'll be around. I'll be waiting because I love you and that's all I really know. And I keep up with our old friends just to ask them how you are.
But I I hope the sun shines and it's a beautiful day, and something reminds you that you wish you had stayed....
Maybe this is wishful thinking and it's probably mindless dreaming,
But if we loved again I swear I'd love you right.
I wish I had realized what I had when you were mine.
'Cause you are the best thing that's ever been mine.

So please drop everything now, meet me in the pouring rain, kiss me on the sidewalk and take away the pain. Please just say "Yes", come feel this magic I've been feeling since I've met you.

I'll fight your doubt and give you faith
'Cause my heart is yours and I've been loving you for quite some time
And when you find everything you've looked for,
I hope your life leads you back to my front door.

Oh, but if it don't.....stay beautiful