Luma Malfoy Sneak Peek

So this is the sneak peek of Luma Malfoy and the Return of Darkness I was talking about.

E N J O Y !

Midnight found Luma in her favorite place in the whole manor: the white birch tree in the garden.

From her perch, Luma had a clear view of the driveway. She often sat in the tree with Scorpius while they waited for their father to arrive home from work.

Draco hadn't come home from work when he usually did. Rain thought he must be working late at St Mungo's. Luma hoped he got home soon; there was a strange feeling in the air.

"Lu? What are you doing?"

Luma looked down to see her older brother standing at the foot of the tree, looking up at her.

"I couldn't sleep," said Luma.

Scorpius grasped the bottom branch and easily hauled himself up. He settled on a branch just below Luma that stuck out from the tree at a fifty degree angle, perfect for reclining back on.

"Me either," he said. "Something feels off tonight."

"I noticed it too, but that's not really why I'm awake."

Scorpius raised his eyebrows in a questioning look.

"Why then?" he asked.

"I'm really excited to go to Hogwarts, but I'm also nervous," admitted Luma.

"Awe, come on, Lu. Hogwarts is great!"

"I know, I know, its just," Luma gazed out at the starless sky, "what if no one likes me? What if I'm in a house all by myself and all of my friends are in different houses? What if I'm in, like, Hufflepuff?"

Luma looked at Scorpius with wide frightened eyes.

Scorpius chuckled.

"Lu, if there's one thing I know about you, its that you're not a Hufflepuff. Yeah, you're loyal and honest, but you're also brave, cunning, and brilliant. You're brave and courageous like a Gryffindor--Albus and James are in Gryffindor and Lily probably will be too. You're cunning and ambitious like a Slytherin--I'm in Slytherin. You're clever and witty like a Ravenclaw--you'd have Rose in Ravenclaw. No matter where you go, you'll have someone."

"But what if no body else likes me?" asked Luma.

"No matter where you go, there will be people who don't like you. But there will also be people who like you a lot. Don't worry about it so much. You'll be fine," Scorpius said.

Luma smiled. Then, another thought occurred to her and she said, "I read in Hogwarts, A History that Slytherins and Gryffindors traditionally hate each other. If I end up in Gryffindor, what about you?"

"Family comes first. If you end up in Gryffindor, it won't change anything between us. Besides, Gryffindors and Slytherins get along pretty well now."

"Really?" Luma asked, eyes wide.

"Yeah," said Scorpius. "Mom and Dad kinda demolished that tradition by getting married."

Luma sat quietly then, thinking.

As they sat in silence, Scorpius gazed up at the sky. Suddenly, there was a flash of light, and then the clouds began to swirl together and become so dark they were almost black. There was an odd greenish glow about them.

At first, Scorpius thought it was just a weird storm cloud, but then it started to form the shape of a skull. The skull opened its mouth and out of it slithered a giant snake. The entire formation glowed a poisonous green.

Scorpius could have died of fright right there.

Instead, he opened his mouth and screamed, "MOM! MOM! GET OUT HERE! MOM!"

Luma jumped at the sound of Scorpius's yell and looked up at the strange mark in the sky.

"What is that, Scorp?" she asked.

"Nothing good."

hope you liked it :) first official update of Luma Malfoy and the Return of Darkness will be Saturday June 22. See you then!

Like!

Comment!

Vote!

Whatever floats your boat!

XD