Neville's Flight

here's the second chapter of my double update! the picture is of Aberforth Dumbledore. You will understand his significance soon ;)

E N J O Y !

Neville’s Flight

The weeks seemed to fly by. Rain had never felt happier in her life, and she practically glowed. Her hours with Draco in the Room of Requirement were like pure bliss, and nothing, not even seeing Pansy clutching to Draco like a leech and glaring around at everyone, could burst her bubble of happiness.

The DA continued its work against Snape and the Carrows for quite some time, until at last they were forced to stop.

Michael Corner had gone to release a couple of first years from the dungeon, but was caught by Carrow, who punished him with the Cruciatus Curse. That scared a lot of people off, and the DA was forced to stop their stunts. They kept up doing underground stuff, however; getting students on their side and continuing to stand up to the Carrows.

The Carrows had been getting more and more angry as the days went by, and Neville had become increasingly paranoid. He worried that the Carrows would come after him soon.

However, the Carrows had decided to do something quite different.

Rain learned of it when Neville came sprinting over to her one afternoon after her Alchemy class, waving a postcard and saying, “They went after Gran!”

Then, seeing Rain’s worried and startled face, he added, “She’s okay though.”

He laughed.

“Stupid gits! Little old lady living alone, they thought they didn’t have to send anyone particularly powerful,” he chuckled darkly.

“Why? What happened?” Rain asked eagerly.

“Well,” Neville said pridefully, puffing out his chest, “Dawlish is in St Mungo’s and Gran’s on the run. She sent me a postcard telling me that she’s proud of me, that I’m my parent’s son, and to keep it up.”

“That’s great!” Rain said happily.

Her happy mood was ruined when a burst of red light hit the wall, missing Neville by inches, and a voice roared, “Longbottom!”

They both jumped and whirled around to see the Carrows charging down the hall at Neville.

Neville gave a small yelp and took off in the opposite direction, leaving Rain to flatten herself against the wall as the Carrows flew past.

Luckily for Neville, the Carrows were slower than him, but they were also sending stunning jinxes after him. Not wanting to miss out, Rain slipped down a secret passageway and followed them up to the next floor. She was able to track them all the way up to the seventh floor, where Neville mysteriously vanished.

The Carrows were furious when they couldn’t find Neville. Rain, however, thought she knew where he had gone and set straight off for the Room of Requirement.

Opening the door to the Room, Rain found it much different from the last time she had come. The Room was small, with only a hammock and Gryffindor hangings for furnishing. There was a chamber pot in the corner.

“Rain?” Neville looked startled. “How did you get in?”

“The door,” Rain replied, rolling her eyes.

“No, I mean--how do you know about the Room of Requirement?” Neville asked.

“I’ve been coming here for months with Draco,” Rain said. “We’ve been using it as a meeting place, so people won’t find out that we’ve been hanging out together.”