The Forbidden Forest

so here's the next chapter update! I haven't been writing a whole lot lately because of all the homework I have to make up from those three weeks I was out sick, so I'm starting to run out of chapters to update. lol. oh well. I'll probably get to writing some more soon :) hope you

E N J O Y !

the picture is of Hagrid! <3 (if you didn't notice, i kinda love Hagrid. he's one of my favorite character's in the books!)

The Forbidden Forest

Rain managed to stay off Snape and the Carrow’s radar for a long time. It wasn’t until mid December that she actually did something very daring and rather reckless.

At the DA meetings, the group talked a lot about the things they could do to help the school, as well as Harry. Rain learned a lot about Harry during those sessions, and a lot of what she heard did not ease her growing fear that she and Harry were connected somehow.

Rain knew that Harry was the “Chosen One.” He was the only person who could defeat You-Know-Who. Being associated with the “Chosen One” could put Rain in danger, which was why she chose to keep it a secret.

Rain learned that, over the summer, Harry had been bequeathed the sword of Godric Gryffindor by the previous Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore. However, the sword was still sitting in its case in Professor Snape’s office. Ginny was absolutely certain that Dumbledore wouldn’t have bequeathed the sword to Harry if Harry didn’t need it for some reason.

“That sword has got to go to Harry,” Ginny said at one of the meetings. “Dumbledore wanted him to have it for a reason and, even if we don’t know what that reason is, we’ve got to get it to him.”

“But, Ginny,” Rain reasoned, “no one knows where Harry is. How are we supposed to get it to him if we don’t know where it is?”

“Then we’ve got to get it to the Order,” Ginny argued. “They’ll know what to do with it.”

Rain was on board with whatever the DA decided to do, even though she thought it was stupid and reckless. She felt useless sitting around, doing nothing. She itched for a chance to make a difference.

That was why, halfway through December, they came up with a plan. In the middle of the night, Ginny and Luna would sneak up to Snape’s office and steal the sword while Rain and Neville stood guard outside. If they saw Snape coming, they would make up an excuse to distract him long enough for Ginny and Luna to smuggle the sword out of his office.

Rain stood at one end of the corridor, while Neville stood at the other. Ginny and Luna snuck up to Snape’s office and smashed open the case where Snape kept the sword. Unfortunately, almost as soon as the two girls had gone up the staircase, Snape had come around the corner and found Rain there, waiting for him.

“Oh! Professor Snape!” Rain said, faking relief. “I was waiting for you.”

“Really,” Snape drawled, looking down his hooked nose at her.

“Yes,” Rain replied. “You see, I came to your office to see you, but you weren’t there, and I didn’t know the password so I decided I should wait for you,” It all came out sort of rushed. Rain realized she was babbling and shut her mouth, searching her head frantically for an excuse.

“Yes...?” Snape looked impatient.

“Someone’s set off dungbombs in the third floor corridor!” Rain blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

Snape didn’t looked surprised. He didn’t even appear to care. He just stood and looked at Rain with cold, unfeeling eyes. “You, Miss Ross,” he said at last, “are a liar. I just came from the third floor corridor and no one has set any dungbombs off there.”