Rain Ross

hey guys! so, as you noticed, this is a new Harry Potter Fanfiction! I know there are probably a lot of these on wattpad, but each one is different, with new twists around every corner--depending on the author. well, i am the author of this fanfiction and I say, "LET IT RAIN!" haha get it? anyways, this is chapter one of my edited EDITED version of Rain Ross and the Battle of Hogwarts. 

E N J O Y !

*Rain Ross

It was a clear August morning in San Francisco. On the outskirts of Vista Del Mar, there was a pretty black house, surrounded by neatly trimmed hedges. 396 Seal Rock Drive looked as normal as every other house on the street, yet the residents of the little black house were anything but. Indeed, the neighbors often noticed strange happenings about the house. Owls were often spotted swooping around the house, and there were sometimes loud bangs near the house. Of course, the hedges around the house hid the front door from view, so the neighbors never saw the young man who lived there appearing out of thin air.

Yes, the young man and woman who lived in 396 Seal Rock Drive were very strange people. They had moved into the house about six years past, and had lived there peacefully ever since. The young man claimed that the young woman was his sister, but, thought the neighbors, if this was true, why didn’t she live with her mother? The woman was also school age, but she was never seen going off to school with the other children who lived in Vista Del Mar.

Of course, this was because the residents of 369 Seal Rock Drive were a witch and wizard. The young man was not really the woman’s brother, but her guardian, as he had adopted her when he was only eleven years old.

Thirteen years ago, the young man, who was only a boy then, had discovered a toddler; she had been washed up on the shore of the beach, clutching tightly to a piece of driftwood. He took the child to his parents, begging them to let him keep her. His parents discouraged him, saying that he would be going off to school in London that year, but he was persistent and they finally agreed.

The boy’s name was Zachary Ryan Ross, also known as Zach. He named his new little sister Rain, after a teardrop shaped birthmark beneath her right eye. He had also debated naming her Luna, after the crescent shaped scar on her hip, but finally decided against it, thinking that Rain would suit his new sister better.

Rain grew up to be a blossoming young woman, but she prefered to live like a boy, keeping her unnatural beauty hidden. She felt that beauty did not suit her. She also knew that it was unwise to be beautiful in San Francisco, as the gangs often targeted beautiful, young women.

Rain was flat chested, which allowed her to wear tighter tops, but she had large, curvy hips, which she hid with baggy pants. She ran loose in the streets of San Francisco and joined a gang with her adoptive brother. Unknown to her, this gang was really a group of witches and wizards. Rain also did not know  she had been adopted into a family of purebloods from the wizarding world.

At the time, Rain lived with her adoptive parents, Troy and Diana Ross, in an ocean blue house, 1291 Rivera Street, Sunset District, San Francisco. Though Zach spent his school years attending a private school in London, Rain grew very attached to him, in a way she had never done with Troy or Diana. When Zach finished school at age 17, he moved to the house on Seal Rock Drive, taking Rain with him.

By the age of 10, Rain had gotten her first tattoo. Unlike most children, however, she had chosen a tattoo that represented her life. It was the image of a key in the shape of a snowflake. The snow represented how her origins and her past was hidden from her, while the key showed that she had access to the knowledge, but was too afraid to seek it.

A year later, Rain discovered a way to learn more about her origins. She received a letter from a school of magic. It was the same school Zach had been going to before her. The letter said;