The Room of Requirement

ok so here is the next chapter! I was horribly miserable yesterday so I forgot to update, but I remembered today! anyways sorry this chapter is a little shorter than I usually make them. still, I hope you

E N J O Y !

the picture is of the room of requirement

The Room of Requirement

Rain’s first Quidditch match of the season snuck up on her like the first snowfall of winter. Gryffindor was playing Ravenclaw, and Luna wasn’t sure who to cheer for. In the end, she ended up sitting in the middle of the Ravenclaw section, wearing the colors red and blue, and sporting a giant, lion’s head hat on her head that occasionally roared. Nobody even had the strength to be mad at her, because they were all laughing too hard.

Rain felt like a god wearing her scarlet Quidditch robes and gripping her Firebolt tightly in her calloused hands. The team waited for the signal to fly out, into the stadium to begin the match. When it was time, they all flew out of the little sheltered area in a perfect V formation. Ginny flew at the head, Rain and Sean were right behind her, and the rest of the team behind them.

Shouts of the crowd whipped past Rain’s ears as the team split off into groups and flew around the stadium. Rain climbed up in the air until she was the highest point in the sky. Then, putting on a burst of speed, she flew straight back down, pulling out of her dive just before hitting the ground, and flew around the stadium at ground level.

When Rain got back to her team, Ginny smiled at her and said, “Show off.”

Then, they got into formation. The two teams, red and blue, hovered in a circle with Madam Hooch on the ground in the middle. Kicking the box at her feet, Madam Hooch released the bludgers, which soared away speedily, and the snitch, which zipped around first the Ravenclaw seeker’s face, then Rain’s face, before disappearing into the sky.

“Now, I want a nice, clean game,” said Madam Hooch sternly, giving them all a hard look with her hawk-like eyes. Then, she threw the Quaffle up in the air, and the two teams--except the two seekers and the two keepers--flew at each other in an attempt to get the red ball.

A Ravenclaw chaser had it first, then Jackie nearly flew into him and he dropped it. The Quaffle was then caught by Demelza, who flew away with it quick as a flash. The Ravenclaw beater sent a well aimed bludger at her, but Demelza was too quick for him, and easily dodged it. She was nearing the goal hoops, but the Ravenclaw chasers were closing in on her. Demelza took a risky dive, and stealthely passed the Quaffle to Jackie, who had a clear shot to the hoops. By the time the Ravenclaw chasers realized that Jackie had the Quaffle, she was already far beyond their reach. Jackie feighnted right, then shot left, and the Quaffle sailed through the hoop.

“10 points to Gryffindor!” the announcer cried and the crowds roared. Over it all, Luna’s lion hat could be heard, roaring loudly in the Ravenclaw section.

The Ravenclaw chasers got the Quaffle and zoomed away towards the Gryffindor goal hoops. Jimmy sent a very well aimed bludger at the Ravenclaw chaser and...

“Ooh!” the announcer cried. “Peakes sent a nice bludger at Jackson and knocked her right off her broom! Now Weasley’s got the Quaffle and she’s headed for the Ravenclaw goals... Come’on WEASLEY!”

Ginny shot the Quaffle and it sailed through the middle hoop. The crowd went wild and the announcer said, “Another 10 points to Gryffindor! That’s Gryffindor in the lead, 20 to nothing!”

Ravenclaw had the Quaffle again. They were determined to make a goal this time and flew faster and better than ever. They shot, and Sean swooped, catching the Quaffle just barely with the tips of his fingers. Sean threw the Quaffle to Jackie, who darted away down the field with it.