Lovers Denied [Chapter 12]

Abrielle's POV

"There that's everything." I said as I dragged the last of my bags down the stairs. I looked around and double checked all of my stuff making sure I had everything I would need.

"Why the hell do you have so many bags?" Logan said as he came through the front door.

"What are you talking about? I only packed one suitcase, a make-up bag, a bag for all of my electronics and a bag for underwear and dirty clothes." I said with a huff. I could've done a whole lot worse if he had given me more time.

He rolled his eyes at me and started lugging my totes to the car.

"Don't hurt my babies!" I yelled knowing it would irritate him. I snickered when I heard him slip back into his home language, French.

"Abrielle Jules!" Turning around I saw a very angry Derrick staring at me. Oh shit, what did I do now?

I usually made a habit of playing a few pranks on him here and there, but I couldn't remember if I'd done anything recently.

....

Nope, nothing.

"Derrick what's wrong? Why are you so upset?" I said quickly reaching over to him and wrapping him up in a hug.

"Were you really going to leave without telling me you were going? Do I really mean that little to you?" He said his voice going a little rough around the edges.

"What? Of course not! I swear I was going to have Logan drop me off at the house where you and the guys were staying so we could talk. You know me better than anyone else you know I would never do that. You're like my brother." I whispered the last part feeling tears start to prick at the corner of my eyes.

Even though we've known each other for hardly a week, Derrick and I hit it off. We got along so well, it was like we were destined to be bestfriends or something. We never clashed, and you would think that would get boring or annoying after awhile, but its what made us get to know each other so quickly. More often than not, we would spend our nights calling or texting each other, talking about any and everything on our minds. Every once in awhile, he would try to get me to open up about more personal things, like my dad, but I felt like that should be off limits until I was ready to talk about him, and thankfully, he respected that.

"That's all he better be." I turned around and saw my "mate" leaning up against the doorframe, his voice turned cold and hard. Did he think...? Oh god he probably thought I was sleeping with Derrick. I felt my cheeks start to turn a deep red.

"You freak. I'm not sleeping with Derrick! I haven't even known him for that long! What do you take me for? A slut?" I asked, still blushing furiously with anger and embarrassment. I glanced at Derrick to see that he looked pretty much the same.

Well you were a long time ago, My wolf said to me. I tuned my wolf out making sure to leave that part of my past exactly where it belonged, the past.

"I didn't fucking say that, so don't even try to turn me into the bad guy." Logan said his eyes turning angry.

"Whatever, just get in the car. I'll be there in a few." I muttered and turned my body back towards Derrick, listening to Logan's retreating footsteps.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I smiled happily. "Just mood swings. You know they get out of control when I'm on my-"

"Okay, okay! Geesh I do not want to hear all that." He smiled down at me and gave me a kiss on the head. "Be safe, okay?"

"When am I ever not safe?" I said crossing my hands over my chest.