Lovers Denied [Chapter 15]

Abrielle's POV

". . . and that was the tragic story of last Christmas." I stood stock still while Darren finished telling me about the horrendous Christmas story before breaking out in laughter. I felt my eyes start to tear up as I doubled over, painful pangs of joy ringing through my stomach. Darren had been kind enough to show me all around the land but instead of taking me back to Logan, he showed me a small little park in the farthest corner of the territory. It was equipped with a small two seater swing and a slide. There was a small cobblestone path that lead to a bench that was tucked behind what looked like a wall of flowers. All in all the place was gorgeous with vines wrapping around the swings and flowers littered all across the small secluded park.

"His ass caught on fire from Christmas lights?" I asked through the tears.

"Yep and let me tell you it was not a pretty sight." He said shaking his head as he pushed himself forward on the swing. It wasn't too late but I knew Logan would be pissed if I spent all day with his brother. After quickly wiping my tear stained cheeks I slowed my swing down and hopped off of it, listening to the soft thud as my feet hit the earth.

"Darren, I can tell you and I are going to really get along." I said as he slid off his swing in the same manner as me. I reached over and linked our arms together as we headed back to the house.

"I know that's what every girl says, except they usually mean it in a different way." He said with a wink and a smile.

"Ew Darren. That is so sick! I so don't want to hear about your sex life." I said with a cringe.

"Who said I was talking about sex? I could've been talking about... my work relationships." He said, throwing his hands up in disbelief, rolling his eyes as he did so. "Mind all in the gutter."

I laughed even more, hitting him on his shoulder jokingly.We walked the rest of the way talking about little things like what was our favorite animal and how we liked our steaks. Surprisingly we both liked them medium-well.

"So tell me, was my brother trying to put the moves on you when he found out you were his mate?" I slowed my steps and thought back to the very first time I met Logan. We had come a long way from constantly yelling and screaming at each other.

With a scoff, I answered, "Oh please, your brother was an ass most of the time in Texas. We fought almost all of the time."

"Sounds exactly like Logan. He was never the sweet one of the family,that was all me." I smiled a little and thought about how well behaved we were on the ride here after we got everything settled.

"Good thing I don't like sweet, huh?" I mused and Darren looked at me like I had gone crazy.

"Good for who?" he asked incredulously and I threw my head back and laughed at the crazy look on his face, then stopped when we were entering the pack house.

 The first thing I noticed was the most amazing aroma of food drifting from the center of the house. I followed the heavenly aroma and found myself in the kitchen with about five other women. Before I knew it one of the older woman had cornered me and was now giving me instructions and orders.

"Oh, you must be Logan's mate," the older lady said towards me. "Will you please tell him the party starts in an hour so he needs to make sure he gets ready, also make sure he looks presentable? Oh and go find Melanie she looks about your size maybe you could borrow a dress from her, since I presume you didn't bring any fancy clothes. She has black and red hair, Lord knows why. Trust me you can't miss her."

The little old lady scurried away as I sat their trying to figure out what to do next. Should I go find this Melanie chick or should I go find Logan first? With a quick shake of my head I went to find the only other person I knew.