You Light Up My World

Zayn’s p.o.v

“You’ll find the love of your life, it doesn’t have to be your mate, it can be anyone Zayn trust me.” These were the words my grandma had told me before she passed away. She was right. Imogen is not my mate but over the weeks I keep getting drawn towards her. To say I was jealous when I found out that Liam was her mate is an understatement because I was and still am furious.

Truth is that I did find my mate. 5 months ago when I left home and moved to Canada I met a girl with short blonde hair, icy blue eyes and the cutest smile ever. Anna. Her name was Anna Pinnock. She was beautiful. As soon as we saw each other at school we automatically felt a strong connection and accepted each other, but what I didn’t know was that she had a fiancé who she didn’t love and was being forced to marry him.

One day I went up to her dad and told him about my secret relationship with Anna. He was furious and called his men to beat me black and blue. I still didn’t give up so the day before her wedding I went to her house and sneaked into her bedroom. I asked her to elope with me the next morning and we can come live here, in America. She agreed and told me to come get her early in the morning and so the following day I packed my things and my good friend Trey had agreed to take us to the airport. When I climbed up her room I saw her standing near her vanity table, smiling her angelic smile. Her eyes had a few tears in them which made me quickly go up to her and hug her.

Flashback*****************

“We’ll ne together forever Anna.” I whispered into her ear. She was dressed in her red long night gown still looking beautiful.

“Shhh don’t cry no one can separate us.” I cooed.

“I love you.” She replied back in a weak voice. My wolf was howling inside me, not in happiness but pain. A pain I don’t know too well. A pain which was extremely excruciating but I chose to ignore it. Right now I’m with my love and no one can tear us apart. I felt my phone buzz indicating that Trey was waiting outside for us.

“Come on Anna we have to leave now.” I grabbed her wrist and tugged her with me but she didn’t move. Her wrists felt wet, not wet but drenched. I looked down and saw red coming out of her wrist. Slowly I looked to see her and saw her smiling at me.

“ANNA! WHAT THE HELL!” I ran to her and picked up her bloody wrists. The blood was oozing out and drops were all over her hand and on the floor. I pushed her on the bed and ripped my shirt, dabbing the cloth on her wrists but it was impossible. In the corner of the vanity table I saw a sharp knife full of Anna’s blood.

“Why Anna why?” I questioned her worried.

“Z-Zayn... dad will h-he’ll kill you...g...go.” She tried to inform but her words didn’t come out properly and her breathing increased, her eyelids dropping slowly.

“No Anna you need to stay awake Anna please, please.” I begged holding her head, forcing her to look at me. She can’t do this to me, she just can’t.

“I love you.” Her breathing stopped. My heart stopped. My world stopped. She was gone. My wolf was down. Everything was black. I held her to my chest and rocked her back and forth, never wanting to leave my love alone.