Rescue Me

Happy Birthday Naveesa!!!

p.s. on the side is a song called Rescue Me by  You Me At Six ft. Chiddy.

Liam’s P.O.V

I saw my mate fall into the arms of my step-brother. Her eyes slightly open and a small smile made way to her fragile face. Suddenly I felt my wolf back down and howl in pain. Pain, I was making my mate feel pain. I go through the same pain when I see her with Zayn but choose to ignore it. Why can’t I stop my mate from feeling the pain? Why can’t I just go and scoop her up in my arms and fully claim her as mine. Why can’t I make her mine?

“Imogen wake up babe! Ims open your eyes.” I broke from my daze to see Zayn trying to wake my mate up. I ran up to them and bent down to pick up Imogen but Zayn didn’t let me.

“Leave her.” He sneered.

“She’s my mate.” I angrily replied back. He has no right to touch Imogen. She’s mine.

“Really? Then why the hell do you avoid her? Why did you fucking reject her?” He spat back at me making me bow my head down in guilt.

“Imogen please wake up.” I heard Zayn try again.

“We’ll have to take her to the nurse.” I stated holding Imogen’s wrist making sure her pulse is still there.

“Fuck the nurse. I’m taking her to the hospital!” He yelled picking her up bridal style. My hands were now gripped onto Zayn’s arm.

“There’s nothing wrong with her. She just fainted.” I said through clenched teeth. I really disliked the way he was holding onto her.

“Get away from me Liam!” And with that Zayn took her to the nurse’s room which was close by. I followed him entering the nurse’s room. She was checking Imogen’s head for a temperature but was confused when she found nothing.

“She has no temperature and she’s breathing normal. Why did she faint then?” The nurse looked confused.

“Maybe she’s really exhausted.” I commented trying to stir the nurse’s mind away from any more thinking.

“You’re right. Anyways I have to go on my break so I need one of you boys to stay here and look after her whilst I’m gone. Which one of you will stay?” She asked.

“Me.”

“Me”

Zayn and I said at the same time. We gave each other a dangerous look, my fist clenched and his jaw locked.

Imogen’s p.o.v

I felt someone’s hand on mine. A hand that I’ve felt a lot of times. A hand that has creased my cheeks, run through my hair, held in mine but then I felt another hand on my forehead. A cold hand, a hand that had been warm and soft, a hand that would send sparks all around my body but now it felt cold and rough.

I opened my eyes to see Zayn smiling down at me, relief in his chocolate brown eyes and on the other side of the small bed I saw Liam looking at me with guilt and pain in his eyes. The same pain I’d feel every time he’s avoid me.

“Finally you’re awake.” Zayn said coming closer to my face and planting a small kiss on my cheek. I felt Liam’s grip on my wrist get tighter.

“I’m sorry Ims.” Liam apologised out of nowhere.

“It’s my entire fault.” He continued. “If it wasn’t for my stupid mistakes and behaviour then you would’ve been happy and safe but because of my mistakes I brought pain and grief to you but I promise I’ll make it up to you. I will tell the whole world that you’re mine right now! Come with me!” He held his hand out for me to take but I didn’t.

I turned around to face Zayn. He looked hurt but kept a smile on his face. Turning back to Liam I put his hand down. First I needed some answers. If he thinks I’ll accept him again straight away then he must be high or something.

“Answer my questions first.” He sighed and then sat down on the side of the bed.

“Go on.”

“Why do you treat me like I’m not your mate?” I asked. I need to know what was stopping him from accepting me as his mate.

“It’s a long story but you deserve to know the truth. As you know Zayn is my step-brother, his mum and my dad had a secret affair going on. My mum loves my dad a lot and she would follow him around like a lost puppy. The day Aliyah came home with Zayn I saw the hurt in my mum’s eyes. Even though I was still a small toddler I felt my mother’s pain. She would cry every night when she’s put me to sleep. She would do everything to make my dad forget about Aliyah but somewhere even now my dad has feelings for Aliyah. Imogen my mother and father might look extremely happy together but deep inside their still so far apart. When I found out that you were my mate I was more than happy. I was over the moon but then I remembered the vow I’d made to myself. Never accept your mate right away, never fall in love with her as soon as you find her. I didn’t want either one of us to end up in the same situation as my mother and father but now I realise that not everyone’s the same. The love I have for you can never be demolished. Imogen please forgive me and give me another chance please.” He pleaded with sincerity in his eyes. I was about to reply back my answer to him but I felt my heart tug and my mind tell me to look towards Zayn one more time and so I did.

“He sat there staring at my hand, mainly at the bracelet he’d bought me for no reason. We went shopping and he saw a bracelet with a peace and a heart charm connected to the chain. He bought it for me and put it on my wrist saying that I’ll never forget about him. Never.

“Love makes a person crazy. Love is a drug but I think I’ll never find it.” He whispered to himself. Zayn quickly got up and headed out the door. I felt a single tear run down my face.

“Imogen you didn’t answer me.” I looked at Liam and...

Okay guys... next chapter is going to be the last one :( please comment, vote and fan and please tell others about it!! Thanks :)