Secrets

Imogen p.o.v

I was sitting on the bench outside with Bradley and explaining the situation to him.

“So that’s why you need to take me out tonight. Just I don’t take me to McDonalds or something.” I pleaded Brad.

“Imogen Liam is my best friend and I want the best for him so I’ll take you out only this once then after that if he still doesn’t declare his love for you then you’re going to have to do something else okay?” I nodded my head and started chewing on my drumstick lolly.

Brad’s phone started buzzing and he checked his message. After reading it he went stiff and slowly put his phone back still in deep thought.

“What’s wrong?” I asked worried.

“Umm nothing.” He replied back.

“Seriously tell me Brad.” Brad looked up and turned around so he was now face to face with me.

“Well you know Liam’s dad right? Well a few months before Liam was born this woman came with a baby in her arms and she claimed it was Alpha Davis’s baby, his son. There was a huge fight between Liam’s parents and that unknown woman. Alpha Davis accepted his fault and told Liam’s mum that he cheated on her but he was ‘drunk’. Liam’s mum was very upset. The woman who was called Aliya wanted to speak to Liam’s mother in private. Aliya told Liam’s mum to take her son because she can’t take care of him. Liam’s mother, Tracy, asked why and that’s when Aliya told Tracy that she had cancer. Aliya had cancer and therefore cannot take care of her son anymore. Tracy told Alpha Davis and they took in the baby. They both named the baby Zayn and each week Aliya would come and see Zayn but a month before Liam was born Aliya passed away and that’s when Tracy decided to never tell Zayn the truth and treat him better than her own son Liam. Zayn was supposed to be the Alpha of our pack but last year he found out that he’s an illegitimate child and left home. Liam and Zayn never actually got along with each other, Liam hated Zayn. I wouldn’t say Liam was jealous of Zayn because he wasn’t but it was Zayn. He was more of a bad boy always getting in trouble and also getting others in trouble. Zayn was a cruel person and I bet he still is.” Brad finished off.

“But what was that text about then?” I asked making Brad start talking again.

“Zayn is coming back tomorrow.”  

“Really?” I questioned.

“Yes, one of the pack members told me just now. Zayn called. I’m worried because Liam doesn’t know yet and I don’t know how to tell him.” Brad looked really stressed. Being a Beta can be very stressful especially if you’re a good one.

“Well I’m going for a run. I’m going to let my wolf out for a bit. See you later.” And with that Brad left me thinking about tomorrow when I should be thinking about tonight.

“Zayn. Liam’s half-brother.” For some reason I felt a weird feeling in my gut about him. It wasn’t a bad feeling and it wasn’t a good feeling either.

“Hey Ims!” Serene said as she sat down next to me.

“Oh hey Serene.”  Luckily everything was normal between me and Serene. No awkward moments even after knowing that she’s my brother’s mate.

“So umm how’s Colton?” She asked again for the 4th time today.

“Once again Serene he’s fine gosh why you don’t just ask him yourself.”

“You know I can’t. I’m too shy.”

“Okay how about this I’ll give you his number and you call him whenever you feel strong okay.”

Preview of the next chapter

I stood next to Bradley not moving from my space. Liam stepped closer and with each step the anger in his eyes glowed more. Bradley held onto my hand and seeing this Liam ran up to us and tore our link apart.

“LEAVE HER ALONE!” Liam yelled.

“No I won’t she doesn’t belong to you Liam remember, you don’t want her.” Bradley spoke holding onto Liam’s arm tightly.

“YES I DO I WANT HER!! SHE’S MINE!” Liam grabbed me and smashed his lips on mine. He kissed me passionately, never once breaking contact.

He let go of me and looked me in the eyes.

“I love you Imogen and I’m sorry for being an idiot. Please forgive me.” He looked at me with love and that’s when I knew my plan worked.

“Yes i forgive you now let’s go home I’m starving and you can tell your parents about us.”

“Ummm I think we should take our steps slowly you know. Only me you and Brad should know about us being mates. I don’t want to take things fast.” Liam told me. REALLY? Really Liam?

“Okay, fine. I’ll wait.”