Part 6

I had been in the hospital for a month. Kyoya told me I was so sick that they had to put me in a comma in order to save me. I was still a little angry about the whole situation but what is done is done. Kyoya hands me a hand full of cards that was from the host club, my friends. I open each of them before giving a small smile as I read them over but I keep Mori's for last. I'm not sure how I knew which one was his besides Kyoya telling me who it was by hand writing before I opened them. "So pretty." I whisper when I open Mori's card and look it over slowly. "I was told that he spent almost a whole week making that for you. You need to tell everyone thank you when you get back to school." Kyoya says before he looks over the cover of the card as well. I let him read each card once I was done with it, but I didn't want him to read this card. "I will nii-chan." I say as I slowly open Mori's card and nearly cried as I read it over. His words to me were so sweet, bordering on the lines of friend and more than friend. I blush lightly when I was done reading and Kyoya gives a small smile at me not bothering to take the letter from me to read it himself. "Nii-chan how much longer will I be here?" I ask, I hadn't be released from the hospital as of yet and Kyoya was the only one here for me. "Soon, Doctor Ame wants to look you over one more time before you can leave. We can stop to get something sweet on the way home." Kyoya says before he gently pats my head. I loved my brother and the fact that he would do just about anything for me. "Father has a new health resort that he is opening soon. He said he wanted you to go to it. I know you don't really like swimming because of the scars but I thought you might like going if it was just the two of us." Kyoya says before packing up the cards so that we can leave as soon as Doctor Ame says I can.

"If it's just the two of us I guess so." I say softly making my brother smile softly at me. He knew how much I hated my scars and he tried to make me feel better about myself every chance he got. About ten minutes later Doctor Ame walks in and she gives me a soft smile. "Just a quick once over then you can go home if everything is alright. Mr. Ootori you might want to wait outside." She says and I look at my brother with worry but he just smiles softly at me before walking over and placing a kiss to my cheek. "I'll be right outside." Kyoya says as he walks to the door. Once he was out of the room Doctor Ame does her normal check up before telling me that I was good to go and leave me to get the paperwork that needed to be filled out before I could leave. Kyoya walks back into the room and places a hand on my shoulder making me give a small sigh. About five minutes later Doctor Ame walks in with a clip board in her hands and she gives us a small smile. "Your free to go. You might be a little weak for a few days. Swimming might help build up your muscles a little after being bed ridden for so long. Your not going to be able to walk on your own for long so make sure someone is with you just in case." Doctor Ame says before she goes over everything Kyoya that I needed to do, what medication I still needed to take, the kind of physical therapy that will help me and so on before I was allowed to leave the hospital. I had to leave in a wheelchair but once outside Kyoya helps me stand and walk to the limo.

The ride home was quiet, I think Kyoya and I didn't really know what to say to each other. "Was father angry you took me to the hospital without telling him?" I finally ask my brother the question that has been bugging me since we got in the car. Kyoya takes a deep breath, his eyes closing for a few minutes as if he was trying to by some time to think. "He was very angry until Doctor Ame told him that it was a good thing I brought you in when I did. After that father told me to keep up the good job taking care of you. He came to see you a few times in the hospital but always when I was at school." Kyoya says and I frown a little at his words. I didn't want father to be mad at Kyoya for any reason. "Ohh." I mumble as I look away from my brother only causing him to give a small sigh. "Kiku that's just how he is. I have a surprise for you when we get home." Kyoya says as he reaches over and takes my hands in his own. I look over at him a curious look on my face making Kyoya smirk a little. "A surprise?" I ask hoping he would tell me but his smirk just grows. "Yes and your just going to have to wait until we get home to see it." Kyoya says. We go quiet after that but now it was the kind of quiet where your looking forward for something and it was exciting instead of the silence that is dreadful.