Chapter 16: Sebastian

A/N: This chapter was the most difficult thing I have ever written in my life. I am sorry it took so long to take out but I promise you that I don't disappoint. I truly hope you enjoy it. A big thank you for all your encouragements! I love your comments and votes. Thank you, you guys are inspirational.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 16: Sebastian

   October, 2007

“What do you mean he disappeared?”

“Lorenzo didn’t make it on time. The guy managed to somehow break out of the cell and kill two of the guards with their own weapons.”

“Damn it. This can’t be happening now. He is going to destroy our whole plan.”

“I can’t do anything, Sebastian. We’ve started searching for him but there’s nothing so far.”

“Out of all the days it happened, it just had to be today!”

Andre sighed in agreement and looked over the map behind me. “Do you think he could have gone far in less than five hours?”

I snorted. “He can be in Canada for all we know.”

“It doesn’t make sense though. How did he manage to free himself?” Andre thought out loud. “I could have sworn that I saw him locked away myself.”

“Where is Lorenzo right now?” I asked, deciding to change the subject. I didn’t want to make Andre feel guiltier than he already felt. It wasn’t his fault, I forgot to check so myself.

“With Rosa. Danny got sick so they went to the hospital together,” he replied as he stood up and walked over behind me to the board.

“Where the hell is my dad? If I am not in charge of things now, how could he leave everything like this?” I turned to him, shaking my head in irritation.

It was all because of Jane and her stupid past.

“He sent a group for a search. But it’s like he disappeared without a trace. I think something is wrong here,” Andre replied, tilting his head to the side.

“And I think I know exactly what happened here.”

“Are you thinking what I am thinking?” he asked with a smirk.

“Traitor,” we both said at the same time, nodding to each other in agreement.

“Do you have any idea of who it might be?” I asked as I studied the cell blueprint. “It’s either that or he somehow knew the building so well that he could break out.”

Andre shook his head doubtfully. “He isn’t that advanced, Sebastian. We have to check who was in charge of the shift today and who was working,” he suggested instead. “If it’s a traitor than it has to be one of the men who were working today.”

“Is the family safe?” I asked, shooting him a worried look. “What about Elena? Where is she right now?”

“Your father moved everyone to a safe house. No one is going to find them there,” Andre reassured confidently.

I nodded in appreciation. “Good.”

And just like that my thought shifted over to Jane. How she was doing? Whether or not she woke up yet, if she ate, if she was feeling ok; anything that could possibly be tied to her health flashed in my head like little a bomb.

Snap out of it. Now is not the time to think about this. The whole family might be in danger and all you can think about is her?

As much as I wanted to disagree, my mind was right. When one of the Russians escaped it only meant trouble, even if it was only one person, everyone was in danger.