Chapter 24: Jane

This chapter is dedicated to harleyathart because she's one of the funniest people I had the pleasure of meeting on this website. She's an inspiring person who kept me going, and had me laughing so hard I cried. Plus, she loves Arrow as much as I do, which is like, my biggest obsession right  now ;) Thanks Harley, you're truly one of the best. 

Also, I'd like to thank everyone else who followed me, voted, commented, messaged me, and continued to support me. I hope you like the update :)

Enjoy and please excuse my grammar. I haven't even told my editor I am updating. (Bad bad girl) I was just too excited :P

~~~

Chapter Twenty Four

     Jane: December, 2007

Elena’s words replayed in my head like a broken record. Like an ongoing thunder, they increased both in volume and strength.

He’s more in love you than you could imagine.

Yeah right.

That’s what I internally replied over and over. It wasn’t possible. No. never. How could he? I could have responded so easily, I could have come up with a brilliant essay, denying that ridiculous thought of hers. But my mouth was frozen, the sound stuck inside my throat, not willing to come out.

Sebastian loved… me? Me, Jane? The one he abused and humiliated without an ounce of mercy? The one who was nothing to him from the beginning? How was it for a man of his nature to fall in love with the victim? Where did that fall between the cards? It made no sense at all.

And who was Elena to Sebastian to come up with such an absurd idea? She never saw us together, never heard us interacting for more than a few seconds a couple of days ago. She wasn’t there when he “bought” me, not when he raped me, and shot right through my heart with words I never would wanted to hear again.

How could she, after just one god-damned conversation make such a decision? How could she have said it so easily?

I shook my head against the horrifying revelation and tried to focus on the history text in front of me that I must have read five times already.

What about his promise? What about his broken eyes that have apologized multiple of times for his actions? What about the times he took you out, the promise to change? Did you forget that side of him?

The questions hit my mind like lightning, completely averting my attention from reality.

I pushed the book back towards the table, and put down the highlighter in my hand. With trembling fingers, I stood up and pushed the chair behind me.

Could that have been the reason he was starting to change? Could Elena truly have been correct? Could the whole reason to why he was being so nice was because he started to feel human; that he felt something other than hatred towards my pathetic self?

My eyes watered as the idea grew in my mind and it felt hard to breathe again. I looked around for a distraction, but I couldn’t let go of the feelings; the ever growing thought of Sebastian ‘loving’ me was so scary. I felt so damn afraid that my panic attack was hitting me again.

I stumbled back, and turned towards the direction of the bathroom. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on my breathing. In and out, in and out, his voice kept repeating in my head. His blue orbs staring at me with nothing but worry and concern.

I shook my head as I felt the angry tears on my cheeks.

Why was it do damn quiet when my head was pounding and why in the world did his voice find the worst time to appear?