Chapter 19

(Picture of Thaledith castle)

The next few days were uneventful, but we still worried that someone would swoop in and take me away. No one did, but there was still that fear.

No one suspected anything, and I continued to work at the preschool, and Andrew tried to make me feel better, but even he was worried, too. Neither one of us were prepared to be torn apart, and it seemed as though we were both trying to deny it could happen, and yet at the same time we prepared ourselves for the inevitable.

Things were normal for a week or so until one Friday evening I was about to go and wait for Andrew to pick me up after having finished my lesson plans for the next week. I locked the preschool up, and was looking for my phone when suddenly I heard a crunching sound nearby and I turned sharply.

I looked around but saw nothing, and I laughed a little to myself and continued to look for my phone. I found it and dialed Andrew's number and he had just picked up the phone when suddenly I felt someone grab me and I was about to screamed when a cloth went over my mouth and I began to feel faint.

I could faintly hear Andrew's voice asking if I was still there when I felt myself slip into the darkness.

..........................................

I woke up to feel my head pounding and my energy drained. I tried to sit up and found even that to be a huge task. I finally did it, and looked around me to see a beautiful room of dark rose pink and gold, and white furniture.

I blinked in confusion and then I saw Ceanna enter the room with a cold expression. I tried to call out to her but my voice didn't seem to work and her expression softened for a split second before the icy glare returned and she tried to get me to sit back down," Just rest, Rose, you were knocked out pretty bad..."

"Where....am...I?" I managed to get out.

She sighed tiredly," Well, right now, you're in my room. In general, Daniel is yelling at the guard for basically kidnapping you."

"Wasn't that what he wanted?" I asked a bit confused.

Ceanna shook her head," No! He only sent him to bring you here to negotiate. He never wanted you knocked out!"

I gave her a weary look," Well, that's comforting, I suppose."

She gave me a tired look and huffed," He's actually been waiting for you to recover long enough for him to convince you to marry him."

I looked at her incredulously and shook my head slowly," No....I- he couldn't, Ceanna, you're lying-"

"Why would I lie about my husband wanting to divorce me just so he can marry you!" she retorted bitterly.

I looked at her sadly and said," Sorry, but he can't divorce you- you married through the church."

"He can do whatever he wants," she said heartbrokenly," If it's mutual, it'll be as though it never happened."

I looked up at her pleadingly," He needs you to agree to it, too?"

She nodded confused," Well, yeah..."

"Then don't agree to it," I exclaimed pleadingly," Refuse to go through with the divorce, and that way he won't be able to marry me if he's already married to you! Right?"

I could see her processing everything but then looked at me sadly," But I don't know for how long he would accept my refusal."

"Just try," I begged," Try for as long as you can. Remind him of how much you love him, and refuse to divorce him."