Chapter 31 - Say Goodbye

~Chapter 31 – Say goodbye…~

»«»«»«

I was better than last time; I healed up nicely that’s all I could say. When I found Jethro sitting on his sofa reading a magazine, I knew now he was fine. He looked up as I came in and I knew deep down that, I had unknowingly fell in love with a boy two years younger than me. It’s already been 4 weeks into this fight we had, last time and the confession that not only made Mason and Jethro feel fine, but it made me go a bit insane with guilt.

“Oh when did you get back?” I replied as I shut the door

“Not long Mason is in the kitchen” He grinned showing a boyish smile that made my heart flutter.

“Oh I see” I replied as I came and sat down on the sofa opposite him

“You ok?” He mumbled and stared at me

“Oh I’m fine better than last time” I replied and it was true I felt so much better

Then there was a silence that fell on us, it wasn’t those horrible one. But in fact a really nice one which I welcomed nicely. Reminiscing about everything and I could just about remember how I managed to get here.

“Two days left till the exams you ready?” I asked and stared at the boy who went pale

“Not really” He mumbled and looked around making me question if he is ok

“Why?” I replied but before he could respond, I saw Mason walk in with some food and my stomach grumbled which made all of us laugh.

“Guess you’re hungry too right?” Mason grinned and I managed to do the same, when In fact I wanted to run after the confession. I haven’t seen or spoken to him I don’t even pay attention to him in classes. Moreover, I felt so bad, that I couldn’t respond to his feelings and I hoped to god that he starts to love Sierra, like he did with me. Because I didn’t want to break his heart.

“Pretty much” I laughed and we all sat around the table and for once, it felt weird and good. “This feels weird doesn’t it” I mumbled

“I guess so” Mason mumbled and then there was a silence before we burst out laughing

“Living room” Jethro suggested we all nodded and walked out, and sat on the seat as we turned on the TV to watch a movie.

It felt good, just us three watching TV joking about talking. And that’s when it hit me that everything that happened now, was only for a job I failed at. So what do I do? I didn’t hear from the boss in a while and I don’t know what to I felt so confused.

I looked at the boys who each looked back at me and grinned, their boyish aura surrounding me in such comfort. I thought I would never ever get back. To think they changed so much from these past few months, to face so much together not by our self but with other  people, I couldn’t have been so happy.

“I think I’m going bed” I replied

“Ok then good night” Jethro replied

“Good night” Mason smiled back as I walked out

“Good night” I whispered

I went to bed with a sinking feeling that tomorrow will only get worse, just like the saying right “The calm before the storm” and I was not prepared.

(Morning)

I was late; I woke up and saw my phone to realize it was past 8! So I was doomed, I took a quick shower and put on my uniform on. And rushed out hoping I could find the butler man, and have him take me.