Chapter 18 - Risky buisness!

~Chapter 18 – Risky buisness~

I fainted and saw nothing but black…

»«»«»«

It’s been three weeks, of pure torture. I never recalled the incident again, worse of all I was held by someone who I wasn’t getting along with. And it bugged me a lot that I was placed in a situation that I would recall being vulnerable, it frightened me.

And there it was another flashback I kept having, it was blending in my daily thinking now and it irked me a lot. As I didn’t know how to handle this, I wasn’t used to being so scared and worried, worst of all very grateful to someone. It was a weekend I went to school and came out of school alone, and protected with a pepper spray  in my bag. Nothing happened yet, I felt bliss when I went into the house even though it was empty I still felt calm. I cried at night and I couldn’t help the tears to fall, I was stuck somewhere and something had happened to me and I couldn’t stop it.

At times I could hear one of the boys walking outside my door, if they thought I couldn’t hear them they were totally wrong. I would stop my crying as much as I could hope they didn’t know I was doing it. But I was wrong, they knew I did it and they couldn’t help me. I would avoid them as much as possible but it was Mason who kept coming back to me.

I stared at the ceiling today, when I woke up I felt the urge to disappear. What happened that day really made me realize, what stupid things I do and for what? I don’t get respect out of it, and I don’t even see how it’s helping them. I got up and changed and went to the bathroom to do my hair when I heard.

Everyday I’m shuffling…

“Hello?” I answered my phone hoping it would be my mother as she hasn’t rung me in a month now!

“Quinton” I heard a gruff voice and I turned beet red I knew who it was.

“Hello Mr Ebner what can I do for you sir?” I replied biting my tongue in irritation

“Well, I was just wondering if you have made any progress at all.” He asked clearly he was busy as I heard shuffling noises

“Yes in a way.” I replied

“In a way? I don’t want in a way child I want yes or no” He barked and I flinched

“Sorry I promise it will be a yes next time.” I muttered

“Good, I heard you’re doing well in school, and that my boys are too.” He continued because I clearly didn’t know if they were.

“Ok that’s good to hear.” I replied

“I have an important ball in 2 week's time, I hope you are ready to find me a bride.” He replied sternly and I gulped

“Yes I will you can count on me.” I muttered

“Good, I have transferred some money into your account for this week; I hope you won’t fail me now.” He muttered and clicked off the phone

I stared at the phone in misery, I wasted 3 weeks wallowing in my pain and worst of all not doing anything. To get this job done faster I had to get a grip now, or else I am so screwed. I looked at the book besides me with all the information and I sighed, a job like this could not get any busier than now.

I stared at the first candidate; she looked pretty and mischievous smile and glint in her eyes. She liked playing sports, she was the daughter of a company that sold products all around the country. Which meant she was rich, how typical. She liked sour food and she liked to drink a lot of red bull, she was a bit eccentric as well. Well that was a good point for Mason right?