Chapter 2 - The Talk

~Chapter 2 – The Talk~

 »«»«»«

“Honey calm down it’s only me” I heard a soft chuckle beside me and I stopped screaming.

“MUM! What the hell!” I screamed couldn’t she find a better timing to do this crap, my heart thudded against my chest so hard It felt like it will burst.

“Sorry, sorry I apologize.” she laughed and had her hands rub down the side of my arms to keep me from shaking. “Come on lets go into the kitchen and we can talk.”

“I thought you were dead!” I replied

“Oh stop being a baby look I’m alive” she laughed as she did a jiggle with her waist which by the way was amusing but it didn’t help.

“Really mum really” I groaned slapping both hands across my face and rubbing it

I followed her into the kitchen once I stopped shaking; this was a night to remember I thought glumly. I watched my mum place herself quietly on the left side of the table and motioned me for the other seat. Who by now was helping herself to some bread and breaking it in to pieces before popping them into her mouth, a satisfied grin appeared on her face I smiled amused.

Once I sat down, I finally looked at my mother in the eye she looked tired very tired suddenly I wasn’t so hungry anymore; her beautiful creamy complexion looked so sullen and grey that it broke my heart she worked so damn hard. I could see lines on the corner of her mouth she looked 10 years older compared to her age now and I sighed, guess having worried about leaving a teenage girl like me alone all the time had taken a toll on her.

“You know you really need to stop sighing out so loud what’s wrong?” my mum looked at me with one eyebrow raised and a soft smile on her red lips.

“Did I sigh out loud? I thought I was doing it mentally guess not.” I replied placing my hands under my chin while I took a sip of my soup which had some interesting flavours but I couldn’t quite put my finger on what it was.

“Tell me how your matchmaking date was today?” my mother laughed, when I made a face of displeasure “Was it that bad!” she continued.

“Oh believe me when I say it was bad the worse parts were the girls! How superficial they were when it came to guys, anyhow it’s my final time I’m not doing this stupid thing I wasn’t cut out for it.” I replied as I laughed at the memory of me talking with the girls and all the trouble I went through.

“Oh honey no, you’re so good at it why quit” she replied shocked her eyes wide in terror

“Mum I’m awkward it’s hard and it’s taking up too much time, and I’m no good with people in large groups and you know it.” I snorted thinking how true that was “That’s it no more matchmaking I feel like an old women setting up people it shouldn’t be my job anyway” I replied.

I have my own matchmaking business in my school not that I intended it to be that famous I mean. Considering that I was nothing but a fraud when it came to love or boys. Like I said, I just had good luck when it came to picking things and rearranging them it has nothing whatsoever to do with my ability of love or anything else. Well that’s what I say don’t know about the people.

I like to think I can make good statements now and then; I am a very good listener if only people knew that. Which by the way will never happen considering I don’t like mingling with new people it’s why I freaked out today at the group date. I was never meant to be there I set them up and that’s it my job there was done. However, those girls had to beg me to join them and for once, I was glad that was the only time I’m ever going to go or so I think. God I’m too nice.

“Raquel! Are you listening?” my mum glared at me narrowing her pretty little green eyes.

“No sorry in my own world mum why are you here anyway? Are you not supposed to be working the shift for that big company guy?” I replied and then it hit me “OMG DID YOU GET FIRED!” I cried.

Suddenly everything made sense, why my mum was tired and why she looked so damn depressed. She was fired no joke, how stupid can I get which just shows I don’t pay enough attention to my mother at all. What kind of daughter am I?

“RAQUEL!” my mum shouted and once again I was back to reality I saw her sigh “I’m not fired honey.” she replied sadly.

“You’re not” confused already, then it hit me again. “OMG YOU MET SOMEONE!” I replied not able to cover my shock.

“NO!” She seemed so distressed

“YOU’RE PREGNANT! OH NO!” I groaned how my mum could be so stupid. Didn’t she use you know contraceptives, ew I didn’t need to think that far ahead, great now it’s stuck in my head.

Before I realized it I was all wet, the front of my shirt was drenched and something dripped off my face. I had my eyes closed hoping to feel it once more but nothing came, so I opened my eyes and peered into my mum’s glare, I looked down to see what happened.

“Mum…did you just-“I replied before she cut me off

“Raquel please, shut up for a few seconds and listen to me!” she pleaded I can sense her frustration already glowering above us heavily.

“Ok but seriously soup?” I couldn’t help it I looked down at my shirt which was stained an awkward colour.

“RAQUEL! I’ll do more than throw soup unless you shut up and listen!” she screamed

“It tastes like chicken” I squeaked and made a face at the smell. I licked the soup that was placed on my left side of my cheek smacking my lips as the flavour hit me, great now I smelt and tasted like chicken.

“Raquel.” she moaned and continued “I’m neither of those things plus I am not stupid to get myself pregnant, I do know about contraceptives my dear I take the pill, and even if I did end up having sex I would tell the man to put on a condom!” she glared and I turned red

“How-“

“I could tell by your face, which by the way is pretty rude, I’m still young I am entitled to have some fun in my year’s thank you!” she scowled

“Ew” nothing worse than knowing your mother is still in the game and hoping for more.

“As I was saying” she replied sternly “I have a proposal for you and me.” she looked at me dead in the eye and I had no clue what she wanted me to say.

“Ok what kind.” I replied wiping the last drop of soup of my face.

She hesitated for a bit, I stared at her discomfort was it something bad? My trail of thoughts were spinning hysterically right now and It was bugging me, why was she so quiet?

“Honey, I have a new job now I have to move to the bigger offices.” she replied taking in my reaction but I didn’t move just stared at her.

“Well isn’t that good.” I replied

“Yes it’s perfect except there’s a condition” she chewed on her bottom lip nervously one thing the both of us do when were nervous or about to break bad news.

“What…” I asked slowly

“I need you to be a matchmaker for my boss’s son”

»«»«»«

Here it is chapter 2 like I said I'll add one more and then I shall see, I just hope people enjoy it! 

comment please! XD