Prologue: Vacation

Stranded Prologue

Rose's Pov:

Today is the day. At last! Today marks the day of the first day of August. This is the day I will be going on vacation to get away from everything and everyone. I will be going with my lovely and handsome boyfriend of two years. We have been together for a while now and we decided it was time to celebrate. A vacation was our answer.

As of now, we were hurrying and gathering all of our belongings for our trip. "Niall, hurry up! Please, we are going to be late!" I yelled from the bottom of the stairs. I leaned against the wood railing as I waited for Niall. There was a bunch of footsteps from upstairs before my boyfriend appeared with a goofy grin.

"I will be there in a second, Rose. We will make it on time," Niall said with an assuring look on his face before disappearing into the bedroom. "The plane is going to leave with out us if you don't hurry. I can't stand it any longer. I want to leave now and enjoy my time with you. Also, we have to go through security and baggage claim," I said, shaking my head with a sigh. Niall appeared at the stairs again with his suitcase and duffle bags in his hands. A forest green backpack with black straps hung on his back.

"Finally," I muttered. "You're so slow." "I heard that," he said. A giggle escaped my lips as I looked up at him and said, "Will you hurry and get your lazy butt down here?" "What are you talking about? Do you mean this lazy butt?" he said in a joking manner. He turned around and shook his small butt in the air, causing me to burst out in fits of laughter.

I clutched onto my stomach that was cramping up from laughing so hard. My head was thrown back, my eyes were crinkled at the corners, and I had tears falling down from my glossy eyes. "You're such a weirdo. Now, let's go," I said after calming down. "Yes ma'am," he said. He grabbed ahold of his luggage and ran down the stairs, meeting me at the bottom.

I grabbed my luggage before we walked side by side out of the front door to see where our car waited for us. Niall made sure to lock the door behind us, then continuing our way to the car. We walked to the black range rover that was parked out front by the curb near a row of trash cans. A curly head figure appeared from behind the black car. His body was silhouetted against the blue sky in the back ground.

"What had took you so long, mate?" Harry asked, walking forward and retrieving our luggage. "Rose over here," Niall said as he pointed at me, "was still packing." "I was not! You were," I argued. He chuckled and tossed his luggage in the back of the car, ignoring Harry's help. Then, he grabbed my luggage and set it on top of his. "Keep telling yourself that princess." His right eye dropped into a wink, earning a tinted blush to appear on my already rosy red cheeks. Niall shut the back door and walked over to me. I rolled my eyes at him with a smile playing on my lips as I playfully pushed him. He snorted before opening the back door for me. I slid in the car and scooted all the way over to the other side. Next, he slid in and closed the door. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to his brawny body, our bodies were touching.

"I thought the girls are suppose to take longer than guys," Harry muttered as he sat up front. "Hey! What's that suppose to mean?" I asked. Harry let out a boisterous laugh before saying, "Oh nothing." "What-ever. Now, let's go Curly. Niall and I have a plane to catch," I said. "Yes Ma'am," he said, raising his hand to salute.

I rested my head against Niall's hard chest. The sound of his beating heart had my body relaxing. He pushed some of my chestnut brown hair behind my ear before he kissed the top of my head. "Go to sleep. I'll wake you up when we arrive," Niall whispered in my ear. I nodded and closed my eyes.

The last thing I heard before I've fallen asleep was Harry saying, "Niall packs like a girl," and Niall replying with:

"Keep talking like that Curly and I'll tell the world you used girl perfume."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rose," I heard someone whisper my name in my ear. I was shaken awake, slowly and gently. A few kisses on my cheek had made me open my eyes and to see Niall hovering above me. "We are here," he announced. I sat up from Niall's lap- which I guess I've fallen asleep on- and I looked out of the window to see the lights from the airport shinning in the empty, dark sky. There sky was nothing but black and had no stars in the sky. It was cloudless too.

"Where's Harry?" I asked. "He is taking our luggage out from the back," he said. I smiled and looked in his blue eyes. His eyes reminded me of the bluest ocean- calm and mysterious. "Come on. We are going to be late for our plane ride," he said with a small smile. He leaned in and pressed his lips onto mine. His lips lingered for a short period of time before he opened the door and stepped out. I smiled, scooted over, and jumped out of the car to follow after him.

Harry had set the last suitcase down as I stepped foot on the concrete. "There you go. All of your belongings are out," he said. "Thanks Harry," Niall said. "You're welcome," Harry said, nodding. "Take care and be safe." He gave Niall and me a hug before he walked around the car and sat in. We waved good-bye. Then, he drove away.

Niall entwine my hand with his. In his other hand he had his suitcase and his duffle bag on top. I grabbed my suitcase and we began walking through the semi-empty airport. There was not too many people and we wanted to keep it at that. We walked past some strangers as we made our way to baggage claim. Niall set his luggage on the spinning platform before taking mine and tossing it on. He used his backpack as a carry on with him. I reached for his hand and we walked to security.

Niall placed his backpack in a bucket and had it checked out by security before he walked under a metal detector and I followed after. Niall was handed back his backpack. "Thank you," he said. The security guard nodded in gratitude at Niall's kindness. We walked to the C4 terminal and sat down in the black, rubber seats that were by the window for waiting.

"What time is it?" I asked through the silence. Niall looked down at his watched then back at me. "Midnight," he said. I yawned and nodded. I rested my head on his shoulder to rest my head on. "When will our flight be called?" I asked. "Soon," he said, glancing down at me then at the window. "Terminal C4 will be boarding in ten minutes," the intercom said. "Ten minutes," he said. "I think I knew that," I said, giggling. He flashed me a smile as he began giggling and wrapping a strong, protective arm around me. "I was checking to see if you were listening," he said.

"We made it on time," I said. "Tell me about it. I was scared we would not make it," he said. I nodded. "I'm so tired but I don't want to fall asleep," he said. "I'm so tired that I'm so hungry," I said. "That doesn't make any sense," he said, laughing. I looked up at him and started to laugh along to his contagious laughter. "That's how tired I am," I said.

"Terminal C4 is now boarding," the intercom said, ten minutes later. "That's us," he said. We stood up and walked to the boarding zone. We handed the lady our tickets and boarded the plane that led to our destination.

Who knew that this one trip will change our lives for ever? Who knew that this dream vacation will turn into a total nightmare? Our lives would be changed, maybe. . .

A/n: Here is my new story lovelies! More updates to come soon! So keep an eye out for them! Vote? Comment?