Chapter 17: Cailley

I’m so sorry guys it took long.  But I hope you’ll like this chapter.  It’s Bryan Adams’ “Please Forgive Me” for my inspiration.   You can play it on your right.  :)

Chapter 17

Cailley

Warm.  My body felt warm.

Nuzzling my face on the pillow, I hugged it tighter.  Hmm…  Did my pillow really smell like this?  My brain was still so fogged and fuzzy that all that was registering were the scent of peppermint and another that was akin to… what was that… let me take a whiff again…  Mm… aftershave.

A gentle thud was steadily creating diminutive movements underneath my cheek, stirring me from my muddled state.  I wasn’t hugging a pillow.  It was something else entirely.

My hands skimmed on the fabric and grazed the velvety hardness, my sleepy fingers becoming aware of silky bulges underneath a thin piece of cloth.  I felt a low rumble travel to my skin as I moved my arms upward the smooth surface and a deep sound filled my ears.

Opening my eyes to a soft touch on my forehead, I glanced up to see Lucas’ vivid greys gazing down at me.  Even with the dim lamp I could see the little orbs lighting his eyes.   Right.  He was here.  On the bed.  With me.

We actually spent the night together.

The events from yesterday flashed in my head, making my stomach clench instantaneously.  But the rest of those thoughts, along with the rollercoaster of emotions that I felt the day before passed by in a blur except for one significant comprehension:

Lucas wanted me.

A heat slowly crept its way on my face and I bit my lip to control a smile as I remembered his words, and our kiss—in the alley.  It had stomach tingling and my toes curling just thinking about it.

“Baby, what’s on your mind?” He inquired, his hand now stroking my right cheek. I discreetly took a whiff of air.  How long had he been awake?  It appeared like he just came out from a shower.

I pulled the quilt to cover my mouth.  I just woke up after all.  What time was it?

“Nothing,” I lied, “I was just thinking about the time,” I muffled, half of my face under the thick fabric.

“Oh, really?”

Peering over his muscular arms, I looked at the window.  It was still dark outside.  “Uh-hm.  Do you know what time it is?”

Lucas shook his head and smirked, but turned around abruptly to grab his watch on the lamp desk behind him.  “It’s five am.  And why are you covering your face?”  He tried pulling the quilt off of me, laughing.

We entered into a battle of tug o’ war.  “No no no no no!  Lucas!”  I began laughing, too, and all the strength that I needed to grab the blanket back dissolved, so I swiftly moved away from him but must’ve overdone it that I fell on my butt on the floor.  Another series of guffaws and a loud howl penetrated my ears.

“Sshhhh!  Lizzie might hear us!”

Lucas tried to position himself on the bed properly while holding his amazingly flat stomach.  “Seriously…  I haven’t laughed like this in years.  I forgot how much it hurt.”  He wiped tears from his eyes.

“I really don’t know what’s so funny anymore…  Ow.  I think my butt hurts.”  I wrinkled my nose while rubbing my injured bum.

His eyes quickly shifted to concern, and then he took a deep breath to contain his amusement and held out his hand to mine.  “Give me your hand, babe.  Hey, are you alright?”