Chapter 19: Cailley

How many of you likes Ed Sheeran's "Kiss Me"?  It is the song inspiration for this chapter, so if anyone wants to listen to it, I posted it on the mutimedia box.   :D I hope you vote for me. :D

© rainthereader 2012 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 19

Cailley

“Your house is gorgeous, Lucas.”

There really was no other word for it.  It was big, spacious, and craftily designed.  Dark, hardwood floor welcomed my feet at the entrance foyer, and above me was an elegant antique chandelier hanging on a high vaulted ceiling.

“You haven’t seen the rest of it, sweetheart.  Go ahead.”

Gentle hands prodded me to walk forward, towards what I guessed was the living room.   My eyes were greeted by warm light, strategically placed overhead and below, highlighting the brick walls and framed photographs of several under-construction and finished houses, all in black and white.  There was a short, cylindrical, oak coffee table right in the middle with a few hardbound architectural books stacked on top of it; and surrounding the table were two vintage-red, single seat armchairs and one very inviting sofa the color of the sea, lined with large comfy pillows.  And underneath it all was a soft, chocolate brown carpet.

Turning around, I beamed.  “This room is so... cozy.”

Lucas’ brows lifted in pleasure.  “Thank you.  I love to be comfortable.”

I nodded, heading to study the photos on the wall.  “Hmm.  Are these your designs?”  The photos of the houses included helmet-clad people, some working on the roof, others inside the house.  Sweaty, busy, but with determined looks on their faces.

“Design.  Here, notice how the house forms little by little?”  He grabbed my shoulder and placed his other hand on my waist and, slowly, we journeyed from the first frame up to the last.  He was right, it was unfolding right before my eyes.  The seventh photo right at the end of the wall took my breath away.

He spoke softly on my ear, “It was our first project.  The owner wanted a loft-style home sitting at the edge of a cliff.  It was a challenge for me and Raul, being new in the business and all,” he laughed quietly and I felt him shake his head.   “It was crazy.”

I turned to the side, facing him, “It’s beautiful.”

Lucas stared at my lips as I whispered those words, then lifted molten steel eyes at me.  “I’m glad you liked it,” he murmured seriously.  He returned to studying my mouth, and I felt an added pressure on my waist as he closed the gap between us and kissed me thoroughly.

Heart spiking at an alarming rate, I tried to smile while we kissed and positioned a hand on his arm to steady him.   It wasn’t that I didn’t want to kiss him, because believe me, I was having a hard time stopping myself, but…

“Lucas… Uhm… Lizzie might…” And he started nibbling my ear.  Oh, my…

“Hmm?”  A feverish tongue was making a trail on the side of my neck down to my collarbone, and I clutched his shirt in response, which made him all the more excited and gripped my stomach to pull me tighter to him.

The hair on my arms stood, while my toes curled at the sensation of his mouth gently sucking that overly sensitive area between my shoulder and neck.  I was desperate for him to continue, but this was certainly not the place, nor the time.

“Lucas,” I rasped, “Lizzie might…she might…catch us.”

I felt the heat of his breath on my skin as he released a long sigh and stilled.  Loosening his grip on my stomach, I twirled to meet his smoldering gaze then touched my forehead to his.  We stayed like that for a little moment, silently waiting, until both our breathing and heartbeats returned to normal.   When I was pretty sure we were okay, I smiled and kissed the tip of his nose.  “C’mon gorgeous, show me where the kitchen is,” and seized his forearm to drag his sexy, reluctant body out of the living room.