Chapter 10- Starry, Starry Night

As I finished putting up the last glow in the dark stars I switched on a projector that had the milky way on it up at the ceiling and layed on my bed looking up.

I took in the scenery, my ceiling was covered in stars and I had to say, it was beautiful. I always loved the stars especially the new one that people discovered and the one I personally call The Huntress because it looked like a female wielding a bow aiming at a Orion.

There are different versions, some say that Orion was a hunter of Artemis, others say that he was the boyfriend to Artemis before doing something and Artemis stuck a Scorpion on him and now for all eternity he was chased by that scorpion in the sky.

The Huntress was also chasing Orion. It always drew my attention and I always found the stories and tales of the Greek Myths interesting.

But I loved stars better. You could sit for hours looking at the stars and still be entranced by them and how they are laid out. Every star was a planet and the possibility of even going out that far to seek a life on one of those stars always was fascinating.

Plus, lighting up his ceiling was also some sort of night light, if he ever had a nightmare he could open his eyes and find that he isn't in the dark closet or drowning in the bathtub.

He always felt safe when he saw the stars as if someone above was watching over him, guiding him to something he had no clue over. (No Greek Mythology in this.)

There was a knock on the door, "Come in." I said still staring at the ceiling.

I looked over when there was an impressed whistle, "Nice ceiling kid." Tony said as he made his way in.

"What's up?" I asked, it was a few days since I got here I have to say, I actually did like it here and I did like Tony. We were similar in some ways and it was nice honestly.

"Pepper told me to tell you that she's cooking dinner so if you want anything you prefer or allergic to let her know." Tony said sitting at my desk in the corner.

"She also kicked you out of the lab didn't she?" I asked with a raised eyebrow turning off the projector and on the lights.

Tony looked sad and pouted, "Totally unfair." he whinned.

"I swear I'm more mature than you." I said rolling my eyes and sitting on the bed.

"Well I'm so much cooler than you- hey what's this?" Tony asked as he found my blueprints to that ultra fast car.

"Sto-" I was drowned out as Tony lifted an eyebrow and let another impressed whistle out.

"You made this?" Tony asked and I hesitantly nodded.

"You could've just told me, I could help you make this awesome baby. We're going to have to make edit another car to handle the power but I think you kid, have just created something Stark worthy." Tony said grinning and looking excited at the new idea.

"I don't want to sell it." I blurted and at Tony's raised eyebrow I said, "I don't want to give it to those to use badly. I would rather it be unknown that it causing trouble. Even if it was trusted government they could still do things to it, make it a weapon. Plus, if they found out I created it...I don't want to make somethings bad." I said quietly not looking at Tony.

Tony didn't seem taken aback; actually, he instead said, "You're choice kid; but, we're still making this baby."

I frowned, "you're not mad?" I asked cautiously.

Tony shook his head a smile on his face, "Kid, I'm stoked about this car and I don't even want to give it to others. No worries kid." Tony said smoothly and started toward the door after setting the blueprint where he found it and just before leaving said, "If I were you, I would find a safe place for that."

"Got it." I said with a smile relieved he wasn't mad or anything. No later Jarvis informed me that dinner was ready and I went toward the kitchen moving past some of the rubble that still wasn't cleaned just yet.

"Spaghetti." Pepper said with a smile as she placed a plate in front of me, "Just because you didn't let me know, are you allergic to anything?" she asked kindly.

"I'm not really sure but I don't like anything fish related." I said kindly offering her a smile which she returned.

"Guess you can't have shawarma then. Always wanted to try it, guess I can't now." Tony said pouting.

I frowned and pointed out, "I said I don't like shawarma. Nothing about you can't having it."

"Won't be the same." Tony said with a dismissive hand wave and dug into his food. I rolled my eyes and dig the same. For the few minutes that we were eating it was quiet.

Suddenly I had a shy thought, "Could I help you rebuild the place. Like, design rooms or something. I don't like staying still." I said my hands rubbing against my jeans, a nervous habit when I was sitting down.

Tony looked thoughtful, "I don't see why not. Would speed up the process and have Fury off my back about when the Avengers are moving in...if you're still fine with that?" he directed the last bit to me.

I was taken aback but the others didn't comment on it as I stammered, "That would be fine."

"I'll get you a folder on what they like and then tell the planners that you're in charger after we finish eating." Pepper said kindly giving me a smile.

I glanced away, flushing a little bit and smiled slightly, "Thanks." I said not use to this much attention.

"Or....we could head down to the lab and see about that car." Tony said his grin turning excited.

I paused but before I could say anything Pepper butted in, "Neither of you are heading down to the lab tonight, Tony you are going to sleep and Percy you have school in the morning. Sorry boys, looks like you're going to have to play with your toys later." Pepper said stubbornly.

I sighed but it was either relief or sadness, I couldn't tell because it was a mix, "Yes ma'am." I said rolling my eyes slightly but not to much that it was an insult.

"Good. Now, who's going to help me wash and dry the dishes?" Pepper challenged.

"I will." I said instantly, I loved doing that with my mom, even if it wasn't the same it stuck with me. The people who normally cooked meals at the warehouse I would help them clean up.

Pepper looked surprised but looked at me with a smile, "Great." she said and I knew she spoke the truth and seemed to be looking forward.

I definitely judged this place a bit too much before. This place was nice. I looked across the starry night down at the golden streets before. Definitely a nice view.