Chapter 6- We Are Family

No time later with the police still outside and Percy still fighting off the FBI's hacker and currently winning.

He then fist-pumped the air, "Got control again. Are you guys ready for a boom?" Percy asked

"Ready on this end. But once they hear it won't they notice it and we have less time to escape?" Katie asked from her mic.

"Let's say they are going to be dealing with a lot of noise. When you hear it I want you to set off the explosives." Percy said

"Hear what-" Hector started but ended quickly because outside cars were going off, cell Phones ringing, screeching through buildings, across the street a coffee maker was going crazy, the lights flickering including the stoplights that made cars screech and some to go off road, no casualties though.

Quickly as that started a bomb went off, it was mostly muffled from the chaos outside but the place quickly filled with smoke.

"20 seconds before they notice the smoke so I suggest moving quickly." Hector and Will both left the room and went down the hole into the tunnel system.

Quickly running down the place with some flashlights they, for some odd reason, had on them they ran down the path, their only light source swaying back and forth.

They could still hear the commotion above them but was mostly muffled and quickly calming down.

"2 yards turn right." Percy said in the coms

2 yards later they turned right and after a yard left. Quickly locating the hatchet they opened it and climbed back into daylight wincing at the flash of lights.

A car was waiting for them and they quickly jumped into the back and the driver, Leo a kid who loved racing and engines, speed down the road before driving normal.

No time later they were back at their place going through the money as Percy deleted the bills off the face of the earth to not be registered as Stolen

Clint and Natalie were whispering off to the side and Percy knew they were going to tell SHIELD soon so he stood up from where he was, "So, we know what's going to happen. 20% goes to different churches and local support groups, 30% goes to orphanages, 10% goes to hospitals, and 15% going to bad schools that need supplies, leaving us with 25% to spend on whatever we need."

Everyone nodded, they were always nice on the plan. They mostly do this to help others, not that the people knew it, but most of the time the money they get goes to different places while they keep what they need.

Clint and Natalie were silent and staring at the group of children in front of them. Most of which were smiling and cheering, some had soda and were clinking them together before having a chugging contest.

Percy. Percy was an enigma to them. Whenever they think they know something concrete he changes and it gets thrown out. It actually reminded Natasha of the assessment that she made on Tony Stark when he first, not the narcissism. No, but he had that part of him that seemed to think he knew everything at times. But then she just told herself that she was crazy and threw it behind her.

Percy just smiled and cheered with everyone else before he slipped into the garage where old broken down cars were that he could make them into better shapes to drive in.

Taking a wrench he got on the creeper (yes that's what that wheel thingy that goes underneath of a car is called) and slide underneath the car to work on it.

I was busy working on the car that I didn't hear the door open and light steps coming toward me, "Why aren't you with the others kid?" A male voice asked that made me curse in greek, which my mother taught me seeing how she was slightly greek, and accidently dropped the wrench.

"Don't sneak up on people like that. So, no cool." Percy said picking the wrench back up and continuing his work sometimes stealing another tool from the tool box nearby.

"The reason I'm not with them...I'm not entirely sure, not much of a celebratory type of person I guess. Never was a big fan of them." Percy said and it was pretty much true.

Any sort of celebration he would've had was ruined because of Gabe so he didn't really do celebrations. He doesn't even celebrate his birthday and for Chirstmas and other family holidays will spend little time with actual family. For Christmas he would get them gifts but he doesn't do family hang-out.

"Why not?" This time it was Natalie who asked instead of Clint.

Percy shrugged even if they couldn't see it and nonchalantly said, "Just never really celebrated I guess." Percy said as if there wasn't a story behind it.

"Is there a story to that?" Clint asked curious.

"Mom was always working, sometimes didn't tell her because I forgot about it sometime later." Ok that was mostly a lie. True she worked a lot and was pretty much always working but Percy always told her and if Percy didn't, it was because Gabe was in the room and if Percy mentioned something along those lines he get angry or at least annoyed if it was a good day.

There was a brief pause in the conversation before Natalie asked, "How exactly do you know how to fix a car?"

Percy smiled to myself knowing they couldn't see. It was actually Ben and Elliot taught him when he was with them because he got bored one day and they were working on a car and asked if he could help and it became a thing between us.

They would teach him everything and how to rebuild and even take apart a car, apparently Elliot's dad worked as a mechanic before he died and showed Elliot the workings of a car which he taught to Ben and then they taught him.

Instead of saying all this Percy just said, "Learned it on the streets. Basics in cars than advanced."

"How long have you been on the streets again?" Natalie asked.

"Since I was 5 years old. Currently, I'm 8 years old."

From then there was just silence and to Percy, he was comfortable with that silence.

As Percy got out from underneath the car and wiped his hands moving toward the door just before leaving he said, "Oh, by the way. Tell your SHIELD friends that they don't have to worry about us Agents Clint Barton and Natasha Romanoff. You are welcomed here with open arms, we are not the government's enemies." with that Percy Jackson left the room.