Chapter 3

Thank you for reading my story.  I am really enjoying writing it and would love to know what you all think.  So, please, vote, fan, and comment.

I knew I would get into a lot of trouble with my dad if I didn’t act like I liked the present.  In truth, I loved the car.  It was beautiful.  And, my sister really needed a new car.  She had a great Camero that she loved to drive.  She had rebuilt the engine in our driveway last year.  I had helped by giving her whatever tool she asked for.  We had good times riding around in that car.  She could fly!  Nothing lasts forever, and it got smooshed a couple of months ago by a tree during a snow storm.

So as not to get into trouble, I gave Georgia a hug and a thumbs up to mom and dad before saying I needed to go inside because my feet were cold.  I was still in my hot pink pajamas with no shoes or socks.

Georgia yelled to me and I turned around.  “Hey, get dressed and I’ll take you for a ride before I go out tonight.”

I couldn’t think of an excuse fast enough and shook my head as I hurried inside.  I didn’t want to be in that car.  I didn’t want my sister to be in that car.  Why couldn’t they just have bought her a nice, safe Volvo?  I slammed the front door and took the stairs as fast as I could.  I went into the bathroom and combed my hair.  I put it up into a pony tail because it kept sticking up in the back.

I brushed my teeth slowly and washed my face.  I had a lot to think about.  Should I tell Georgia about me having the dream again and that it was her new car that gets crashed in the end?  I had always told her about my dreams before.  She was always willing to talk about them with me.  She never questioned that I was telling the truth.  She was the best sister ever!

As I was putting on my clothes that I randomly picked out of the closet, I decided not to say anything about my dream for today.  Georgia was so happy and I didn’t want to put a damper on that.  I forced my shoes on and tied them.  I ran back outside and hopped into the car beside my sister.

“Okay, let’s go,” I simply stated without too much excitement.

“Buckle up and try to look happy about spending the morning with your favorite sister.”

“Well it’s just that it’s early and I had trouble sleeping last night.”  It wasn’t a lie

We both buckled up and Georgia pulled out of the front yard carefully as not to make mud tracks in the grass.  Our dad liked to keep the yard perfectly trimmed with flowers blooming.  He planted a beautiful rose garden in the upper corner of the yard.  It had red, yellow, pick, and white roses.  In the back yard, there was a huge flower bed with at least 20 different plants all flowering at different times in vibrant colors.  The walk ways were lined with monkey grass that he kept weed free.  The house had a line of flowers outside the front windows.  There were vines on one side of the house, and flower pots filled with sea roses near the drive way.  Life was abundant at our home, at least on the outside.  It was the perfect picture looking from the outside in on the not so perfect family.  The picture seemed to be what was important to our parents.

“Where do you want to go first Little Bit?” 

“How about some breakfast, I am starving.”

She drove to the little restaurant just down the street.  She knew I loved going there, especially for breakfast.  It was a small building with no more than twelve tables.  It seemed bigger because the entire dining area was encased in windows from floor to ceiling.  There were two sizes of tables.  Some fit two people and some fit four.  We sat at a table for two people and waited on the waitress to come over. 

We decided to go get a couple of biscuits.  We both ordered sausage biscuits.  I had juice to drink and she ordered a coffee.  We shared an order of the house’s special potatoes.  We sat at a table in the corner and began eating.