Home

~~5 years later~~

The ball rang loudly, letting the students know it was time to go home. Yuzu stood from her desk and walked out the door, saying goodbye to her friends, and to her teacher. She was excited, today was the day.

Rushing down the hall, she burst from the school doors, and looked around for a certain person. When her eyes landed on the sleek black Camero, she smiled widely. She ran over, excitement radiating off of her in large waves.

"Shiro-nii! I'm ready! Let's go!" She shouted as she got to the car.

Shiro got out of the driver's side, and opened her door, smiling down at her, "I know, I know, but get buckled. We'll be there in no time."

Before Shiro shut the door, Yuzu stopped it with her hand, "Is dad and Karin there already?"

Shiro nodded, "Ya. They left earlier to get there to get things ready."

Yuzu looked down, playing with her fingers, "Do you think...do you think that..."

Shiro held her small hands in his own, looking her in the eye sincerely, "Everything will be okay. I promise."

Yuzu fought the tears that wanted to fall, "Thank you, Shiro-nii. You've been here for dad, Karin, and I, and you didn't need to be. I'm glad you're back, but" Yuzu looked down at his pale hands holding hers, "you must be the most scared...and I just want you to know that you aren't alone." Yuzu looked up at Shiro with strong eyes, "We are here for you. We will help you, Shiro."

Shiro smiled in pride, this girl had grown and matured so much in front of his eyes, and he was glad to see it. He loved Yuzu like she was his own sister, and he couldn't be happier that she was turning into a fine young woman. Hugging her quickly, Shiro said thank you, before getting in the car, and driving off.

An hour later, they arrived at their destination, and saw Isshin and Karin standing outside the doors, waiting for them. Yuzu got out of the car and ran up to give her father a hug.

"Hey little one, was the ride okay?" Isshin asked Yuzu with a smile.

"Ya. I like riding with Shiro, we have lots of stuff to talk about." Yuzu smiled as she hugged her twin.

Karin rolled her eyes and smiled lightly as Shiro walked up, "He may have popped up out of nowhere one day, but I think he's pretty cool."

Shiro smiled at Karin, making her roll her eyes and giggle with her sister.

Isshin rested his hand on Shiro's shoulder, making the pale teen look over at him, "You have grown up Shiro, and I'm so proud to have been here for the past five years, helping you through the rest of school, and finding a job. I'm glad to honored to call you my son."

Shiro smiled and bowed his head, "Thank you, sir. I have appreciated these past few years, and I couldn't think of anywhere else I would want to be."

Isshin smiled before pulling Shiro into a hug, and Shiro could feel his shoulders shaking. 

"It will be okay," Shiro whispered, making Isshin chuckle.

"I know. You're usually right, Shiro."

The four smiled at each other before walking into the large building, hand in hand, getting ready for what they were going to find inside.

The lady at the desk talked with Isshin for a few minutes, before letting them pass by. They walked down a lot of different hallways, and went up a lot of stairs before reaching the floor they wanted.