Chapter 8- Leaving Home...

Nate’s P.O.V

The scream was loud, I wanted more than anything to be there for her, to hold her. Instead I shifted. I took my slightly grey wolf shape and laid by her side, she was still trembling.

Almost everyone was silent. Usually our first shifts were a private matter but there was something about her, no one wanted to look away. Each and every one of the already shifted males and females were reliving their first shifts. All the younger kids who had not shifted yet or were just about to were staring at my exposed mate with a look of pity then terror.

My first shift was open too, I was taking a PE lesson when I was 15 and some kid hit me from behind with a ball. All the teenage hormones in my body plus the wolf genes were making me a little irritable. No one really talked to me for the whole week and I knew why.

You’re out casted when you have the symptoms, then after you are brought into the pack with the mind link. If you truly believe that they love you and care for you then you are a part of the pack, there have been some cases of people thinking that they were put casted BECAUSE they were acting a little out of it. Those of whom didn’t join the pack were offered to be in our closest  pack where they still remain at our school they just are under someone’s orders.

Do, was wiggling on the ground. By this point I could start to hear her thoughts in my head, I was so pleased with my mate.

Oh god. What the fuck!

Clam down Do.

Nate?

Yes, it’s Nate.

How can I hear you?

I’m in my wolf form, you’re about to finish the shifting. I am so glad I can hear you.

It’s almost over?

Almost my love.

She seemed to calm down now. She stopped moving altogether after a couple of minutes then her legs began to twitch, they slowly took the shape of a dog behind. She rolled onto her back her arms had already turned.

Her fur was as white as I’d ever seen someone’s fur. She turned over till she was right near me now and opened her eyes for the first time.

Wow!

I let out a little whine, her eyes were now crystal blue. She was small; she looked about the size of a small wolf puppy. It will take time to grow to her full height. In the wolf world the white wolf symbolised purity, innocence. My breathing hitched as I smelt her new sent. Although her normal coconut and pine tree smell was there she now had a were smell to her. A strong smell.

Hello beautiful. I said in her mind.

I hoped most of the pack hadn’t shifted already to be able to hear what we were saying, we can only hear within a certain distance unless you have alpha blood or you are mates.

This feels weird!

I know, want to go for a run?

Please, I have all this built up energy in me.

I know what you mean. Come on.

I got up from my spot next to her and faced her father, I eyed the forest and then I tilt my head towards it. He seemed to catch on.

“Be back before night fall” he said then turned to face the pack.

Come on, we can go now.