Chapter 3- New Girl...

I was a nervous reek to say the least. I had been at the one school my whole life so I never had those awkward first days. I was up at the crack of dawn like most days but today I sat in the kitchen and made breakfast.

Deciding today I would need extra food I made lunch’s as well. I poured water into a bottle and sat that with my lunch, while the breakfast was still cooking. Leo chooses that moment to walk down and see me freaking out.

“Don’t worry; you have all of my classes. Seeing as were twins you would probably like them anyway.” He said with a laugh. We sat and ate breakfast while the other came down. Dad obviously seeing me freak out gave me a reassuring hug before walking up to my room and showering.

My closet was filled with a lot of clothes but this one outfit in particular was just scary. The shirt was tight and fitting showing off more than I would like and the skirt was short even if I wear it on my waist.

I walked into Leo’s room to see him fully clothes and putting his shoes on. I grab one of his shirts before walking out. The thing shirt was better than the fight fitting one in my closet. Walking downstairs with Leo’s shirt on and my abnormally small skirt with stockings on underneath I walk into the kitchen fuming. Mikey and Art choose this moment to walk into the kitchen and see me.

“DADDY” I called out so no matter where he is in the house he would hear.

“Yes Pumpkin” he said while his finger was stuck in his ear ringing it out.

“I’m not going to school like this.” I said as I point to my shirt and pray I get another day off.

“Too bad, I will order you a longer skirt but you have to go today.” He said in a stern voice and I know I already lost. I got my lunch and shoved it into my new school bag that had books and pensils in it.

I picked my shoes up off the floor near the door and noticed they were flat, thank god. I cannot wear heels to save my life no matter what size. Throwing a school jumper on over Leo’s top I walked into the garage, we were taking the Jeep again so I had to climb into it. Calling shotgun as the boys ran into the room with a disappointed look on their face I laughed.

Leo got in front and he started to drive off before I put my window down and called out, “By Daddy!” The school was located half way between the town and home, so it was about a 15 minute drive.

***

We pulled up into the driveway with the music blasting to some unknown song I liked. The boys got out and Leo rushed over to my side to catch me before I fell out. “Thanks” I mumbled a little sheepishly.

We were walking along a path to the front office when the guys stopped to talk for a moment with friends; I was too busy looking around the school to listen to what they were talking about. The school was big, bigger than mine and on every side it was surrounded by forest.  The only way out by car was the road we took getting in, the building its self-looked hundreds of years old. Leo put his arm around my shoulders and walked with me to the office, I felt safe with him by my side.

Something in me was drawing me towards the group we just left. Art and Mikey had already gone off with other friends and it was just Leo and some other friends walking me to the office. When we got there the office lady was sitting there with earphones in her ears. She looked up and spotted Leo and pulled her ear buds out, “Hi welcome to Forrest View you’re the other one aren’t you? The only girl in the family?” she asked in a sickly sweet voice that had my head pounding.

“Yup. Leo, Art, Mikey and Dad plus the two cousins. I’m the only girl.” I said in reply.

“Right, well you probably know that you’re going to be late to your first class but you have all the same classes as Leo here” she paused to get a breath. “Timetable, and locker combination are in the folder” she passed me a manila folder with my name on it, I looked through it and there was also a school map.