Chapter 7- Ouch...

I didn’t want to get up at dawn; my normal sleeping habits have been affected by my wild last couple of days. This is the second time I slept with Nate in the same bed, he hugged me from behind and I felt complete in his arms.

Today was going to be something and I knew it. I would probably go to school and then I would have to tell Jamie. The whole wolf population at our school would soon know, dad is holding a pack meeting to tell the elder and teenage wolves in Forrest View. With every second that passed, it was every second closer towards me dying. I couldn’t think like that.

When I was upset I usually eat chocolate or I like to bake. It’s different from when I like to cook when happy, I guess we would be living off sugary things for the next couple of years then my boys will have to fend for themselves.

Sliding out of Nate’s arms, not as willingly as I would like, I made my way to the kitchen. The house was silent and it gave everything an edge to it. I wished I had shifted already but no luck, even with my emotions running haywire from horny beyond explanation to depressed, I couldn’t help it.

The kitchen had an eerie silence to it when I flicked the light on. The pantry was running empty so I figured I would make cupcakes. After mixing everything together I sat on a chair at the table and thought everything over.

I would die, because of something made of love. It would drain me dry like a parasite but then would go on to greatness. I wouldn’t even get to see my baby.

Last night I dreamt of a different world, a world that allowed me to know my children. A world I got to live till I died of an old age, along with my mate.

The room was suddenly heating up and it wasn’t to do with the oven. I was starting to feel a pressure on my chest and it was effecting my breathing. My breaths became ragged and there was a pain in my lower stomach that was getting worse as time passed. I tried to stang but I slipped off my chair and knocked another down in the process, my mind was completely blank but I was trying to wake either Nate or Leo through our bonds.

I heard multiple footsteps rushing towards the kitchen. I was crouched half under the table in the foetus position, my eyes closed. Someone picked me up and I felt the pain stop instantly, my breathing began to slow but the pressure on my chest was getting heavier if possible.

My skin was burning where they touched me but it was a good burn not searing pains like before. I didn’t know it at the time till I was in my bed that Nate had carried me. I opened my eyes and looked into his, pleading to stop the pain. He looked at me with big sad eyes and I knew he wanted to stop the pain but he couldn’t risk it.

Leo came in half an hour later and Nate went out. He looked like he was dragging himself out the door. Leo put a damp face cloth over my forehead but I was too busy trying not to freak out. No one had spoken to me since yesterday and I was thankful for that, I didn’t want to have to keep up with their talking’s.

It could have been minutes passed but it felt like hours when the pain began to decrease and someone was patting my head in a calming matter. Light head began to spread up my legs and to my stomach where it was met with a fiercer burning.

“It’ll be okay. I’m sorry I can’t help” Nate murmured to me. His voice was thick and husky with emotions, I knew my heat was effecting him just as bad as it was me. I wanted to reach out and sooth his worry but when I move the pain came again but worse, all I wanted to do was cry but no tears spilled out my open eyes.

The window in my room showed me that it was around lunchtime. I badly wanted to eat but couldn’t, the only thing that I felt was the pain. The sun slowly began to travel from one side of my window to the other, Soon it was getting dark. The light in my room was turned on but Nate never moved from his position on my bed, his hand stroking the hair on my back.